Senior Marketing Specialist
Requisition ID: 185144BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) serves customers in a range of markets and applications from environmental and food safety analysis to forensic science and toxicology.
Location: San Jose, CA or Somerset, NJ
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Marketing Specialist will develop and execute application, marketing roadmaps as well as engage customers. This experienced, dynamic manager will be a key member of the Life Science Mass Spectrometry marketing team. This role is responsible for successfully working within a highly matrixed organization to develop global go-to-market strategies and integrated multi-channel marketing plans and to execute on tactical projects to achieve KPI targets and other annual operating plan objectives. This position reports to the Marketing Leader of Life Science Mass Spectrometry products.
What will you do?
- Define LSMS Environmental and Food Safety (EFS) application roadmap, develop applications notes accordingly, train and enable field teams, including KOL engagement and collaboration
- Defines customer segments, needs, goals & measures, expected ROI and definition and tracking KPIs
- Disseminates deep understanding of solutions, segments, regions & channels using a customer journey framework
- Supports segment solution roadmaps, business case, market requirements, value propositions
- Develop effective sales and customer education materials, making it easy for sales and customers to understand our product offerings and positioning
- Monitor and assess implications of key EFS market trends and innovation to define vertical strategy
- Map needs of target markets and prioritizes which market segments to proactively pursue
- Updates market research regarding the market changes, customer needs and competitive situation
- Engage in strategic marketing plans for assigned area including definition and analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities
- Be the face of Thermo Fisher Analytical Sc. / EFS solutions at key conferences, webinars and trade shows including the development of compelling content
- Create visionary and compelling internal and external, customer-facing presentations
- Confidently deliver presentations to audiences of all sizes (ranging from one to hundreds of people)
- Support planning and execution of NPI launches, high-priority global programs, including strategy and execution; e.g., clear & rationalized positioning statements for the portfolio
- Manage product launch plans working closely with industry experts and CMD marketing teams to ensure effective and ongoing relevancy in the market to drive demand and customer advocacy
- Work with the industry's best technology team to help define the life science mass spectrometry customer promise, positioning, and go-to-market strategy
- Partner with a world-class Product Management team to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
- Partner with division marketing to execute innovative marketing programs, SEO, and web design to build customer engagement
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Science OR Bachelor's degree in business or marketing with demonstrated success in segment required
- 4+ years of experience developing EFS applications on Mass Spec platforms, engaging with KOLs in EFS and front-line experience of marketing solutions (e.g., presenting at trade shows, supporting sales calls, post sales support for customer)
- Specific experience with Thermo Scientific Liquid Chrom - Mass Spec (LC-MS) platforms is not required, however, experience with other LC-MS platforms is required
- Environmental and Food Safety marketing experience highly desired
- Development of product marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of the following is desired : 4Ps, marketing communication mix, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition, messaging and marketing program development and execution, content strategy/marketing, content audit, customer journey maps
- Marketing portfolio with examples showing your writing and presentation style is a plus
- Experience/familiarity with the life science mass spectrometry customer engagement lifecycle is preferred
- Exceptionally detail oriented with the ability to thrive in fast moving, ambiguous environment
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive decision making as well as a strong track record of setting and delivering against measurable marketing metrics
- Primary and secondary market research expertise
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- Travel is required. (>25%)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Apply on company website