When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
The Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist will ensure that all of our products have the functionality necessary to comply with stated regulatory intentions by working effectively with individual product managers. Will also represent the Digital Science Business Unit at external and customer meetings and will work with the Customer Success team to ensure that any new Software Defects that could affect regulatory compliance are categorized and triaged appropriately.
What will you do?
- Possess a deep understanding of relevant regulations and keep up with these regulations as they evolve
- Identify and become competent in any new regulations that are relevant to our Business
- Identify necessary product changes as a result of evolving regulations and communicate these changes to product management
- Represent the Digital Science Business Units compliance capabilities at internal and external events such as industry conferences, customer events, regulatory forums
- Deliver presentations at internal and external events
- Act as subject matter expert when reviewing Software Issues for their impact on regulatory compliance
- Chair meeting (approx. quarterly) of senior managers to discuss communication and dispositioning of Software Issues that are directly causing regulatory compliance
- Own Supplier Management Program, ensuring applicable suppliers are appropriately documented and risk assessed
- Assist BU in ongoing compliance with SOC/HIPAA/Validated cloud as necessary
- Support customer success team with regulated customer deployments as necessary (e.g. infrastructure change control)
How will you get there?
- Bachelors degree required. Advanced degree a plus.
- 10 + years in the Life Science industry
- Deep understanding of current regulations in life sciences (GMP, GLP, 21 CFR Part 11, GAMP, SOC, HIPAA)
- Understanding of Computer System Validation
- Experience of working with IT systems such as LIMS
- Understanding of Data Integrity Challenges facing pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to travel 25% on an annual basis
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website