How You Will Make An Impact:
The Senior Storage Engineer will participate and contribute to the design, implementation, and management of the storage environment. Extensive knowledge of SAN/NAS architecture is essential. Responsibilities include day-to-day administration of the storage area network (SAN). Performs all maintenance, configuration and deployments to the SAN system. Provisions storage and monitors capacity. Provides daily support of the storage environment and backups. Works on storage related tasks such as volume creation, LUN provisioning and data migration.
How You Will Get Here:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science or associated experience.
- 5-7 years of solid experience working in SAN/Storage/Backup Administration
- EMCSA certification required preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of storage concepts and architecture, specifically within the EMC and Cisco hardware product line.
- A strong understanding of data storage components and protocols along with solid knowledge of Fiber Channel architecture.
- Comprehensive understanding of IT processes and best practices related to backup and recovery, and SAN technology.
- The Architect will work in a team environment supporting an Enterprise SAN and NAS infrastructure; performing design, tiring, allocation, installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Fast and independent learning capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well organized, self-motivated person, strong customer service, project, and analytical skills.
- Experience working on the following environments:
- EMC Symmetrix DMX3 series
- EMC Control Center (ECC)
- EMC CLARiiON CX & CX3 series
- EMC Celerra (CIFS & NFS)
- EMC Centera G3 & G4
- CISCO MDS 9500 Directors
- EMC StorageScope
- EMC Performance Manager
- EMC VisualSRM
- SAN load balancing/multi-pathing software (PowerPath)
- HBA configuration (Emulex and QLogic)
- EMC Solutions Enabler (SYMCLI) commands
- SYMCLI Configuration Manager and Celerra CLI commands
- EMC TimeFinder Family (Mirror, Clone & Snap)
- EMC Replication Manager
- EMC DiskXtender
- Windows Sever OSes and/or Linux/AIX OS
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Storage and SAN infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models
- Responsible for complex provisioning, advanced maintenance, data replication, disaster recovery, data migration and documentation for our Open Systems Storage and Backup environments
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Storage & Backup devices, including SAN, NAS and Backup solutions across all tiers, under minimal supervision
- Operate in complex, highly-secure, highly-available, operations-centric datacenter environments and interact with other technology domain experts as required, to build and maintain the Open Systems Storage and Backups solutions in those datacenter environments
- This position requires a candidate with strong hands on technical Administrator professional with business acumen
- Responsible for mentoring junior team members, developing ITIL procedures and best practices standards
- Work with other Disciplines to develop Infrastructure Building Blocks based Reference Architectures and standards that can be offered as services to our customers
- This position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates will possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills and have experience working in large enterprise operational environments
- Assist in change management processes
- Improve the efficiency and help standardize current processes
- Respond to and resolve incident and problem tickets
- Document and thoroughly understand the application architecture, system configuration across platforms and interface with various systems and use this knowledge effectively to resolve issues
- Work closely with customer support team to communicate the root cause of the outage, duration and recommendations or steps to resolve issues
- Participate in Service Improvement Meetings after an application outage
- Respond to general inquiries
- Document the incident in the tracking tool
- Vendor contact for routine, documented incidents as well as operational problems
- Provide assistance in analyzing trends and suggesting long and short-term improvements
- Resolve incidents and problems in accordance within guidelines and meets operational agreements
- Implement change requests and meet project deliverables within defined guidelines
- Achieve and understand Service Level commitments for all open systems platform
- Position will require shift based work hours. Including, but not limited to, weekend and after hour shifts.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website