How Will You Make an Impact?
A key player in leading the elucidation and management of requirements and architectures for new Life Science Instrumentation. Exposure to various life science instrumentations from PCR / qPCR, fluorometers to Bioreactor control units. Opportunities to put into practice System Engineering theories and methodology and see it matures from concepts to actual products.
What will you do?
· Research and develop of instruments in a lead role utilizing system engineering approaches. In charge of generating, refining and managing requirements, architectures, design and other system activities. Works within the Product Commercialization Process framework utilizing DFSS methodologies.
· Lead in the Integration planning and/or execution of new product design. In charge of overall hardware integration and testing activities of newly designed instruments at various phases of the PCP against product requirements. Expected to lead in specialized experiment planning and execution for example Design of Experiments, Root Cause Analysis and other DFSS methodologies.
· Work with manufacturing / engineering / service teams on new product transfer activities example R&D tools, test specification definitions, design issues, design for manufacturing improvements to ensure smooth transition from R&D to production. Expected to advise to solve legacy product related issues arising at manufacturing or customer ends.
· Work with regulatory to ensure compliance to relevant ISO and FDA standards and guidelines during product development
How will you get here?
· Mechanical/Electronic Engineering Degree with honors or equivalent.
· Possess strong knowledge in Mathematics and/or Statistic background.
· Life Science R&D instrument development experience is preferred.
· At least 3 years of R&D working experience
III. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Familiar with System Engineering framework, processes and methodologies
· Systems development process using DFSS methodology is a must. He/she must have good analytical trouble shooting skills.
· Good communication skills and able to work well with team members of diverse backgrounds.
· Develop instrument measurement system for all users using DFSS methodology. Familiar with real-time data acquisition using LabView or equivalent development software for R&D testing and manufacturing test automation.
· Basic understanding of Biology and other core Life Science Technologies example PCR, Western Blots etc.
· Competencies in general Engineering, Mathematical and Statistical disciplines.
Apply on company website