When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Semiconductor Business Unit provides solutions for our customers in pathfinding, yield learning, and failure analysis of semiconductor processes and manufacturing. Our broad range of high-performance microscopy workflows provide critical data at the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in semiconductor and related markets, the team is dedicated to the pursuit of discovery. As a member of this team you will work with companies on the leading edge of semiconductor innovation as they develop and characterize the processes that will lead to the technologies of tomorrow.
The Semiconductor TEM Field Applications Engineer provides expert support on advanced TEM techniques to our customers to help them develop leading edge products and processes using our state-of-the-art technology. The Applications Engineer works at the intersection of the product team, the account team, and the customer to grow our business and ensure the success of our customers.
Key deliverables of the Field Applications Team are:
• Collaborative development of new processes and applications as customer needs and customer technologies evolve.
• Support for new product introductions at customer sites, working with customer engineers to integrate our technology into their workflows in the lab and fab for failure analysis, characterization, and metrology.
• Application development and training to ensure that users can extract the full value of our technology and achieve the best possible results
How you will make an impact
The TEM Field Applications Engineer is the technical expert responsible for helping our industry customers solve problems in the development and production of semiconductors devices using our world-class electron microscopy instruments. Your skills in imaging, EELS, EDX, tomography, and other techniques will make possible tomorrow's new technologies.
What you will do
- Provide on-site professional technical support, primarily in North America.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and grow the business by developing innovative solutions to customer challenges.
- Support tool acceptance and new technologies on location and in coordination with the product and service teams.
- Develop positive relationships with our customers as a technical partner for solving their challenges, explaining our technology, and assisting with application development.
- Coordinate closely with internal product, engineering, marketing and account teams on product acceptance and development.
- Provide detailed technical feedback to the product teams on customer needs and product performance in the field.
How will you get here?
This position is ideal for a creative and dynamic technologist with a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience.
- Minimum education requirement is a university degree in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, or a related field; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience with TEM, EDX, EELS.
- Knowledge of process development in the semiconductor or related industries is a plus.
- Experience with characterization, failure analysis, and metrology a plus.
- Excellent, clear communication skills and the ability to cultivate positive, productive relationships with customers is a must.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 30%) and possession of a valid passport.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website