When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, with a dotted line to the Shift Supervisor, this position is responsible for installing and removing molds and related auxiliary equipment and components from the molding press as well as preparation of setup for appropriate machines as defined. This individual is also responsible to make necessary adjustments to equipment to ensure quality and quantity of production for the assigned area.
12 Hour Night Shift – Penfield, NY
What will you do?
- Observes safety rules for self and others and ensures that all safety guards and devices are in place and in good condition.
- Responsible for proper care of molds and machines, and inspection of molds during and after installation.
- Responsible for following the die traveler system.
- Installation and removal of molds in press.
- Monitoring of machine cycle times and assurance that they are at or below standard cycle/part weight.
- Responsible for correcting and/or reporting out of standard performance.
- Responsible for machine adjustments per Engineering set-up sheets, following all pertinent quality work instructions (QWI's).
- Fills in monitored set-up sheets and writes necessary tool room work notifications.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when assistance from external department(s) is needed.
- Responsible for checking periodically for maintenance/tool room problems on machines and writing work orders.
- Identifies different resins used and assures that appropriate resin is used for a job.
- Responsible for machine and mold safety.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly department.
- Involved with basic process troubleshooting
- Support engineering as required
- Attend and participate in daily communication meetings as assigned
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent/Technical degree preferred
- Must have 1-3 years' setup experience
- Sound reading, math, and communication skills required
- Self directed
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Molding equipment experience preferred (Extrusion Blow Molding or Injection Molding)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Use of calipers and Magna-Mik
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 120 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for night shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73736201
Apply on company website