When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects within our Genetic Sciences Division located in South San Francisco.
What will you do?
- Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core services like SQS, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, and ElastiCache.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
- Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures.
- Advise on implementing AWS best practices.
How will you get here?
- MS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
- 3+ years of large scale software development with recent coding experience in at-least two of the following UI frameworks: Node.js, AngularJS, ReactJS, and VueJS
- Hands-on experience architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
- Hands-on experience with designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, consultant working with various platforms.
- Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems.
- Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
- Blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website