Job Title: Software Developer-Java
Job Location: Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are Digital Engineering Team - the software center of excellence for Thermo Fisher Scientific. We are responsible for developing and delivering SaaS based applications and digital lab (Cloud-based) tools, to help scientists do their work more efficiently and with precision, enabling them to make our world healthier, cleaner and safer. Our world class software products and solutions accelerate scientific discovery and lab productivity. These solutions
- provide rich content, selection tools, collaboration tools and scientific apps that allow our customers to focus on innovation and the complexities of their science.
- create a connected world for our customers where discoveries happen the smart way — where every device/product is connected, self-aware, and self-healing—thereby enabling efficient workflows and collaborative science.
- enable our customers to efficiently manage their lab by providing them insight to workflow processes, asset uptime and product availability.
We give them the flexibility to access what they need when they need it, allowing them to select and receive products and services across multiple channels. We apply industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class software products built to leverage the power and scalability of the cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with development team, business analysts to develop, unit test, debug and maintain web applications based on functional requirements and scope of work.
- Confirm to Digital Engineering adopted software development standards.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years' overall experience in design, developing eCommerce web applications using Java and related technologies.
- Must be strong in Java, J2EE, Spring, Sprint Boot OR Spring Cloud ,, JQuery .
- Must be very comfortable for Database concepts, query optimization of relational databases
- Must have prior wok experience in Agile delivery methodology and DevOps model
- Be performance driven and perform well with minimal supervision.
- Be a quick learner and be open to working on new technologies if needed.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Be able to step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and critical production issues.
- Be flexible to work with some overlapping work overs if needed and attend onshore calls.
- Prior work experience in developing and interfacing with web services, RESTful, and JSON are required
- Hands on experience in coding and scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, AWK) would be nice to have.
- Experience using GIT, SVN, defect tracking tools such as JIRA/HP and build management tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo is desired.
- Prior experience or good knowledge of Kafka, Spring Batch would be nice to have.
- Exposure to NoSQL, Cloud/AWS would be nice to have.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and automation/configuration management using Chef, or Puppet would be a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Must possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Be highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
Apply on company website