Job Title: Software Developer-Java
Job Location: Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Digital Engineering is Thermo Fisher's “Software Engineering” center of excellence. This role is with the Digital Marketing IT team which is responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and enhancement of the Thermo Fisher Corporate Digital Marketing Platform.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The role is of a hands-on Senior Engineer who could make a difference to the product in terms of the design and architecture, and actively contribute to the development of new features. This person will be member of a cross-functional scrum team which is engaged in developing enhancements for our Digital Marketing platform and its maintenance. You will engage with Product Manager, Architect and Solution Owner on a regular basis and will be part of a co-located SCRUM team.
- Active participation in various scrum ceremonies such as Story grooming, sprint planning sessions etc., and contribute towards identifying technical risks, alternate solutions to various problems etc.
- Responsible for ownership of multiple significant software modules
- Responsible for leading the integrity of technical work on significant concurrent projects.
- Plans, participates and performs the technical work of an assignment.
- Provides guidance regarding design activity to other programmers on technical aspects relating to the project.
- Leads the implementation, automated unit and integration testing, debugging and integration of code of extreme complexity across multiple concurrent projects.
- Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work.
- Proactively looks for ways and patterns to continuously automate feature testing with measurable and tangible goals
Education & Experience levels:
Bachelors in Engineering/Computer Science or Master degree or equivalent with 4+ years of Experience
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Hands on experience designing web-based applications in Java technologies.
- Hands on experience in Java application development frameworks and technologies: JPA/Hibernate, Spring, Core Java (collections, generics, multi-threading etc)
- Experience with databases, persistence frameworks and SQL. Experience with Oracle will be a plus
- Solid design and programming experience and very strong in programming disciplines like object oriented principles, design patterns, data structures and unit testing
- Significant experience using Agile Scrum development processes.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with dispersed, remote and global teams when needed.
- Having a wide range of experience and understanding of trends and technologies, uses technical knowledge to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Web Services: SOAP Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Experience in Configuration Management tools and concepts required
- Experience with design, development and automated testing of SaaS and PaaS products
- Experience in designing large-scale, highly available distributed software.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website