Job Title: Software Engineering Co-op, R&D
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a Software Engineering Co-Op based out of their Oakwood Village, OH facility. The Oakwood Village, OH facility is one of Thermo Fisher Scientific's centers of excellence for R&D and manufacturing of radiation detection instrumentation.
How will you make an impact?
Your work will be in support of Field and Safety Instruments (FSI), a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, who is the leader in field based scientific instrumentation and radiation detection equipment. Our products are used by the military, law enforcement, pharmaceutical manufacturing and industrial clients in metal fabrication, mining exploration and consumer product safety.
What will you do?
- Assist in design and development in one or more of the areas supporting GUI desktop, mobile, Cloud, and web applications and tools for embedded devices and desktop instruments.
- Develop software based on object oriented programming (OOP) techniques.
- Participate in code, design and test plan reviews.
How will you get here?
- Currently pursuing a BS degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with a passion to write software and work on challenging projects.
- Experience developing on Windows and/or Linux platforms.
- Experience with one more of the following object oriented languages: C#, C++ or Java.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Enthusiasm to learn by doing
- Basic understanding of software development.
- Fluent in English language (Verbal & Written)
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73747759
Apply on company website