Job Title: Software Product Manager -qPCR Platform
Requisition ID: 136193
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location: South San Francisco ( US Remote)
Life Sciences Solutions Group
Genetic Sciences Division
How will you make an impact?
The Product Manager role provides a unique opportunity for a qualified software product manager working with customers to deliver the best-in-class software solutions for our qPCR Platform. The Product Manager will provide leadership and execution for products across the qPCR Platform business in the Genetic Sequencing Division (GSD) and Life Sciences Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
In this role, s/he will focus on qPCR Software that is critical to the success of instrument portfolio.
S/he will be responsible for development of product strategy, roadmap, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management.
What will you do?
- Support the roadmap strategy for the software product portfolio
- Identify and analyzes market trends and competitive strategy.
- Collect and analyze VOC from customers and internal stakeholders for customer requirements
- Be the champion for user experience
- Works collaboratively with cross functional team members to drive growth for the business segment.
- Partner with the instrument product management on NPI
- Lead sustaining activities for existing product line
- Regular updates and present to leadership team on project status
- Identifies opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Leads new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, manage product launches and sales training.
How will you get here?Education
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Business, Life science, Computer Science or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience required
- Strong software background required
- Understanding of life sciences, genomics, or molecular biology and/or qPCR technology is preferred
- Business development skills and cross-functional team leadership experience required
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in marketing, product management or strategy role including participating in market analysis, planning and new product development
- Strong customer facing experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Highly self-motivated leader with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Ability to be successful in a highly matrix environment
- Ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships will be required for success
- Ability to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82533196
Apply on company website