At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Contribute improvement ideas & suggestions to help continue the success of the plant. Associates will operate, maintain & troubleshoot all production equipment associated within the department to prevent and/or correct mechanical & electrical breakdowns following strict product safety & quality standards. Associates must have the ability & initiative to lead & participate in plant problem-solving teams, ability to apply problem-solving techniques, communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership & plan effectively. Interested individuals must be able to work in a fast paced, multifaceted environment & be able to communicate effectively. This position is responsible for the electrical maintenance and repair of all production related machinery and equipment. Must have the following skills and experience: Electrical/electronic troubleshooting in a manufacturing plant; expertise with Allen Bradley PLC's; instrumentation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration; and experience with Windows based PC's. Must be able to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision, and be available to work any shift, weekends and holidays as required.
- Associates will operate, maintain & troubleshoot all production equipment associated within the department to prevent and/or correct mechanical & electrical breakdowns following strict product safety & quality standards. Electrical/electronic troubleshooting in a manufacturing plant.
- Background in industrial, mechanical, electrical, computer systems
- Knowledge of & capable of performing special technical skill (electrical troubleshooting, basic PLC skills, machining, welding tasks, high pressure gases)
- Instrumentation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration. Knowledge of electrical installation & construction, AC/DC motor drives, gearboxes, hydraulics & pneumatics systems
- Knowledge of or be willing and able to train in Maintenance Systems (SAP), computer skills, lubricants & lubricating systems, & new technologies in predictive maintenance
- Support high performance culture and continuous improvement programs through active participation in plant productivity programs
- Comply and actively participate in all safety and environmental policies, procedures and programs.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by supervisor
- This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Contractors and outside Venders
- Qualified applicants will have a high school diploma or GED; Associate's degree preferred.
- 3 years of electrical/electronic troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing plant preferred
- Expertise with Allen Bradley PLCs: instrumentation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration
Background in industrial, mechanical, electrical, computer systems Must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Windows based PCs
- Must be able to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision, and be available to work any shift, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be aware of potential exposure to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and high noise areas.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82218145
Apply on company website