Senior Business Analyst- Sales Distribution
What You Will Be A Part Of:
A Business Analyst conducts research, monitors, maintains, and optimizes business solutions.
Knowledge of business processes and SAP within a specific area(s) of responsibility, defined by the position. Directly support users and corporate processes in the assigned area. Researches gaps in functionality, gathers requirements of users and presents recommendations to teams both technical and business.
Excellent grasp of industry and subject matter best practices, trends, and concepts. Ability to apply these concepts into the SAP environment and business process. Strong Leadership skills, especially in the handling of Organization Change Management are strongly desired.
What You Will Do:
- Support SAP ECC and related software.
- Knowledge of Sales and Distribution techniques, methods, and tools. Subject matter best practices.
- Knowledge of SAP reporting capabilities.
- Develop IT and end-user documentation for processes and procedures.
- Participate in Service Desk function to resolve user related support calls.
- Prepare and execute test plans for new functionality.
- Publish communication related to the deployment of new functionality.
- Translate user requests into user requirements and program specifications.
- Work with Enterprise Shared Services and programmers to assure compliance to program specifications
- Develop training outlines for end-users and collaborate with documentation specialists
- Liaise with Divisional Management to understand direction within their functional area of responsibility
- Monitor compliance with Service Level Agreements for site.
- Support business initiatives utilizing Project Management expertise.
- Maintain security in compliance with ThermoFisher Security directives.
- Ensure compliance to Thermo Fisher IT Policies and Guidelines.
- Travel can range from 25%-50%.
- Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Translate high-level information into details as well as summarize detailed information.
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders.
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams.
- Comply with company's Global IT Policies & Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
How You Will Get Here:
- Excellent knowledge of business processes and best practices.
- Knowledge of SAP in specified area.
- Knowledge of Thermo Fisher SAP Template a plus.
- 5-10 years of business experience in functional area.
- 5-7 years of SAP experience.
- 4 year degree or 5-10 years experience in related area.
- Relevant technical certificates a plus.
- 7+ years of related technical work experience.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Technical Exposure to the following key SD Functions
- Quote to Cash
- Pricing Updates
- International Commerce
- Intercompany Transactions
- Global Trade Compliance
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently.
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to document tasks undertaken and complete HelpDesk requests in a suitable level of detail for both technical and non-technical staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website