How will you make an impact?
Life Science Solution Group Finance Data Engineering team is seeking a Data Engineer to join our organization. In this role you will help architect, maintain and continually improve data analytics and automation capabilities. Sitting inside a business unit, you must adapt to varied and shifting needs. You will be working with business users, developers, and data analysts on the team to deliver complete, accurate, well-secured data that enables reporting and analytics across all Finance functions.
A Data Engineer is a technical expert and works tightly with other data engineers and data analysts on a team to create data integrations, ETL, pipelines and codebase to drive analytics projects from initial experimentation to production level deployment. They work on critical data engineering problems, building bespoke, reliable, accurate, consistent, and architecturally sound solutions that are aligned with business needs. The Data Engineer architects, maintains and continually improves data analytics and automation capabilities. Data Engineer must develop methods to reliably source, validate, and integrate the data into Datamart.
What will you do?
- Design, develop, test, deploy, administrate, and maintain mission critical Finance data applications.
- Initial design and development of new software and/or extensive software revisions to current solutions.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle as appropriate; including, but not limited to: gathering customer requirements, defining technical requirements, creating high level architecture diagrams, data validation and training sessions.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently.
- Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues.
How will you get here?
- BS/MS in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant field
- 5+ years hands-on experience in relational database/data warehouse development
- Very strong SQL skills; Oracle experience a big plus
- Excellent with Python, Spark, shell scripting
- Experience with various database technologies including Redshift, Snowflake, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and other NoSQL databases
- Exposure to cloud/orchestration architectures such as AWS
- Experience with scripted SQL interaction
- Experience with ETL tools and job orchestration.
- Experience with Git
- Understanding of data cataloging/lineage tracking concepts and implementation
- Experience developing performant, secured data sources for PowerBI
- Experience preparing data for and using traditional BI tools like Cognos, Business Objects, Essbase, etc., a plus
- Able to quickly learn new technologies
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82476997
Apply on company website