When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing, global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world safer, cleaner and healthier.
Job title: Senior Director Sales, EMEA - Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD)
Location: Germany, Austria or Switzerland
Looking for an opportunity to advance your career? We have the resources you need to succeed in an environment where you can put your ideas into action. Join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific as a Senior Sales Director in a career-defining role. The position offers the opportunity for meaningful work, where you will be empowered to create your own career story. Become part of a successful and growing global organization with revenues of $24 billion that will enable you to realise your best, personally and professionally. You will be given the support to achieve your goals and recognised for your contribution.
How you will make an impact:
You will be a key member of the EMEA commercial leadership team providing strategic guidance and leadership to the EMEA Central regional sales teams. A key objective of the Sr. Sales Director role will be to ensure revenue targets are met whilst improving the sales process, along with forecasting, leading and building a successful sales team. The incumbent will also establish strong relationships with our customers and partners in the region.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of bringing new business with the ability to create strategic plans capable of adapting to the ever-changing landscape.
What you will do:
- Define, plan and set the commercial direction for the business within the region utilizing innovative techniques to drive increased customer value and market penetration
- Work with the division/regional teams to develop the channel and go to market strategy to maximize commercial reach.
- Implement key objectives aligned with established business goals, strategy and processes
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales target, grow customer base and market share.
- Ensure the successful tactical implementation of sales plan based on the established forecast with overall responsibility for commercial performance
- Work closely with the Finance Director to effectively manage the expense budget
- Drive collaboration with other commercial and functional teams across a highly matrixed structure.
- Build and maintain strong long-lasting customer relationships by effective communication our unique value proposition.
- Effectively lead and build a high performing commercial team sales team by hiring top talent, addressing talent gaps, upskilling and providing career guidance
- Embrace and live our 4 values “I” values (Intensity, Integrity, Innovation, and Involvement) and ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with these values
Qualifications and Experience
- MS degree in related Science or Business based disciplines
- Additional MBA/other financial degree (desirable but not required)
- At least 10 years proven experience and track record in a commercial sales role, preferably within the Life Sciences industry
- Strong knowledge of financial and business operations with proven ability to drive growth and operational efficiencies
- Ability to develop creative growth strategies and successfully execute them
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and lead employees to achieve performance objectives
- Working knowledge and experience in a multi-divisional matrix organization
- Ability and desire to travel 50-75% of the time, mainly within the EMEA region
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73556654
Apply on company website