Sr. Director Sales - Vertical Markets (HMD)
Requisition ID: 107598BR
Division: Customer Channels Group | Healthcare Market Division (HMD)
Location: This position is ideally based in Houston, TX or Pittsburgh, PA. Open to remote location for the right candidate.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Director of Sales – Vertical Markets is responsible for driving sales and operational performance for the Vertical Markets Organization (inclusive of Inside Sales, Instrument Sales, Government Sales and Non-Acute Business Development). This position develops the market strategy for the team while directing and coordinating plans to achieve established sales and growth targets. Additionally, the Sr. Director of Sales – Vertical Markets will be responsible for ensuring that all sales programs are aligned with and support corporate business objectives and that customer relationships are established, developed and maintained. This position works with governmental agencies, industry leaders by vertical, and provides thought leadership on the future needs and growth strategies of existing and emerging verticals and sales channels. Demonstrated experience building or enhancing world-class Inside Sales organizations is essential.
What will you do?
- Develop annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Develop sales strategies for the organization, maintain operating budgets/sales forecasts and manage overall sales efforts.
- Create a culture of high-performance, entrepreneurialism, and customer focus by providing leadership that inspires problem solving, natural curiosity, and willingness to try new tactics to grow the business while addressing end-customer needs by vertical.
- Drive high-level dialog with the executive team, pricing leaders, etc. to ensure alignment to team strategy to optimize support of growth strategy through tools/resources.
- Create a team focus on customer relationship building, maintenance and account enhancement. Strategy should be supportive of short and long-range growth initiatives and strategic objectives through consultative roles in partnership with the customer.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement and expansion based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of alternative selling strategies, markets, product categories, and channels to grow existing and emerging verticals. Brainstorm new ideas and test/learn to determine value of a targeted investment in growth in those areas.
- Build, develop, and lead sales management teams capable of carrying out sales and customer growth initiatives with their own teams.
- Leverage Sales Operations to support repeatable processes to achieve customer onboarding and support execution.
- Ensure communications are disseminated throughout the Vertical Markets sales organization, support sales plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with marketing and growth initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field required. MBA Preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in sales leadership.
- Strong management skills – planning, delegating and motivating, with the ability to organize and manage multiple and ever-changing priorities.
- Proficient in CRM usage (Salesforce.com)
- Demonstrated ability to drive results through others with an entrepreneurial flair, yet with the organizational and leadership capability to prioritize, coordinate, and rationalize the efforts of the team.
- Strong strategic thought process. Broad-based view of sales – recognizes impact and importance of customer relationships and consulting with customers to see beyond where they are traditionally successful.
- Ability to think strategically and develop sales plans over multi-year time span.
- Demonstrated experience building or enhancing a world-class Inside Sales organizations is essential.
- Skilled in interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and influencing communications with high-level leadership, teams, and peers.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills – practical, logical, strategic and functional.
- Ability to provide recognition and encouragement to associates, with the ability to foster high performance teams and be a strong team member.
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including Microsoft Office Suite usage.
- Strong knowledge of vertical business strategies desired.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website