Job Title: Sr EHS Technician
This is a 12 month (1 year) contract position.
How will you make an impact?
With 70000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we're helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser-focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
Provides support to the EHS department and through the coordination of site safety programs, participation in site EHS activities and performing various EHS administrative functions.
Coordination of the following site safety programs:
- EHS RAPIDs, incident investigations, and root cause analysis
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Safety, Health, and Environment Database (SHED) updates and EHS action follow-up
- Contractor Prequalification Program
- Success Factors Learner Management System for EHS Program.
- Safety Data Sheet Management
- New Equipment Inspections
- Non-routine Work Permit and Lockout Tagout Program
- Internal and external EHS training
- Client and Regulatory EHS audits
- Joint Health & Satey Committee
- New Employee Onboarding Training
- Fit Testing and Respiratory Protection Training
- Pre-start health & safety reviews
- Risk Assessment Program
- Other site EHS projects as required.
- College Diploma in Environment, Occupational Health & Safety or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Work experience in chemical, manufacturing, or pharmaceutical as an asset
- Solid understanding of occupational health & safety practices.
- Solid understanding of provincial health and safety legislation and some familiar with environmental legislation.
- Ability to use judgment to resolve issues and deliver outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Comfortable conducting training and presentations.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with confidential information.
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in the English Language.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Apply on company website