When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of more than $24 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we're uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr Finance Analyst will partner with operations and business management to drive process improvements, and leverage close and forecasting activities to ensure financial commitments are met. In addition, the role will be uniquely positioned to support growth by providing ad hoc financial analysis and deal modeling support on commercial activities.
What will you do?
- Be an influential member of a Site FP&A Finance team, driving regular business reviews by partnering with your FP&A peers and working with business partners to meet deadlines and deliver complete and accurate analysis.
- Assist with close activities, variance analysis, capital appropriation requests, track spends, and perform financial controls
- Partner with operations and business development to interpret financial impact of contract terms and support commercial deal modeling for the site.
- Assist with financial reporting for services group and product development group.
- Partner with operations and business management to support business decisions with ad hoc financial analysis
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in finance and accounting with strong knowledge of GAAP.
CPA preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or finance role.
- 3+ years of experience managing FP&A and close activities supporting a site or business unit
- Experience in financial modeling preferred (NPV, IRR etc).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a sense of urgency is key
- Successful candidate will be personable, ethical and be able to collaborate with business partners
- Must have superior quantitative skills and analytical capabilities with advanced excel (comfortable working with pivot tables and formulas)
- The successful candidate must be able to translate financial results clearly and concisely to business partners and management.
- Track record of developing business relationships is important
- Experience in driving process improvements and be able to manage multiple projects effectively
- Ability to interpret financial impact of contract terms is a plus
- Experience with deal modeling, analyzing pricing and rebates and tiered pricing is a plus
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion is a plus
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website