What will you be a part of?
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the BioProduction Group's high-growth Biologicals & Chemicals division (BCD), driving financial reporting integrity, accuracy, and consistency for the division which includes two businesses, Cell Culture / Cell Therapy (CC/CT) and Production Chemicals & Services (PCS). This position will span multiple aspects of the division, including, but not limited to, data governance, data visualization, dashboard creation & maintenance, establishing templates & processes across the function, and ad hoc projects as required.
What will you do?
- Lead data governance and data visualization for the BCD division with a goal to evolve from static reporting into valuable, forward-looking business insights, including molecule intelligence initiatives, integrated business planning partnership, and pricing & regional trends
- Maintain and improve existing dashboards in Microsoft Power BI to enable accurate & timely reporting of BCD financials, enhanced data analytics, and effective framing of financial results and outlook for the consolidated division
- Collaborate closely with members of Business Unit Finance and Strategic Business Segment Finance to create new content in Microsoft Power BI that highlights revenue growth drivers, margin, and expense trends and variances using sophisticated data visualization techniques and thoughtful implementation of BI tools to drive strategic business insights
- Validate consistency and completeness of data across all systems, including Hyperion Planning and ERPs
- Establish clearly defined processes to ensure hierarchies and mappings remain current and accurate on a regular cadence, including close partnership with Product Management and other team members within the BPG finance team
- Explore new or alternate data sources to continuously improve data, processes, and analytics, including inventory & Operations data, Commercial opportunity information from Salesforce.com, and available market intelligence data feeds; utilize external tools (i.e. ZebraBI) to create and improve visuals
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analytics on an as-needed basis
- Participate in Practical Process Improvement (PPI) for function, driving continuous improvement in high visibility areas
How will you get here?
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with dashboard creation in data visualization tools like Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- 3+ years of related experience in financial planning and analysis, reporting, systems, accouting, or related fields in a complex, multinational organization.
- BA/BS major in accounting, business, computer science, data science, finance, or technical field preferred; MBA, advance degree or equivalent professional experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad guidance against a framework of defined business objectives in a matrix environment.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience creating dashboards and visuals in a data visualization tools software and building from a variety of data sources
- Technical ability to effectively navigate interplay between all financial systems (E1, SAP, EDW, Hyperion Planning, HFM/CMR), and strong Microsoft Office skills
- Programming experience (SQL, DAX, R, etc.) a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail with the ability to elevate perspective at the appropriate time
- Interest in developing deep business acumen to enable partnership on tools beyond basic financial reporting
- Intellectual curiosity, versatility, adaptability
- Constructive demeanor with emphasis on collaboration
- Strong and confident communicator: essential to establish credibility within a dynamic, challenging environment and to provide outstanding support
- Desire to formulate and drive improvements, challenging the status quo
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while delivering consistent, accurate and reliable work
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Apply on company website