Job Title: Senior Formulation Technician – Bend
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Formulation Technician I produces pharmaceutical Spray Dried Intermediates (SDI) and Solid Dosage Forms (tablets, capsules, granules) using current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). In addition, they manage process documentation in a fast-paced, flexible manufacturing environment.
What will you do?
- Progress towards Subject Matter Expertise on a single process train.
- Verify GMP activities.
- Achieve Qualified Trainer status.
- Maintain cleanliness required of equipment, work areas, and facility; performs visual equipment inspections.
- Prepare manufacturing suites and components for Production Batch Record execution.
- Execute Production Batch Records to make pharmaceutical products.
- Operate in a safe manner, wear appropriate PPE, and identify and raise any safety hazards.
- Follow established waste disposal operations.
- Lead continuous improvement activities.
- Perform tasks of growing complexity with a higher degree of independence.
- Mentor new team members.
- Update quality documents.
- Assist in the execution of equipment qualification activities and maintenance, including liaison for third party vendors.
- Perform all duties in a cGMP manner.
- Follow all appropriate SOPs, Good Documentation Practices and Data Integrity procedures.
- Exhibit Thermo Fisher's 4i Values (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement).
- Perform other vital technician responsibilities as directed.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ year of work experience in manufacturing/production environment; pharma preferred.
- Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education, training, and meaningful work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and experience with cGMP documentation, spreadsheets and software applications preferred.
- Pharma or biotech experience highly preferred.
- Consistent record of producing an excellent work product with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good work ethic, mechanical aptitude, and a desire to learn.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and to handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced, highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Effective written and social skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000+ extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us to contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website