Sr. Global Market Development Manager, Genetic Analysis Solutions
Requisition ID: 183282BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) is a $1.7 billion business with 1100+ employees across the globe. GSD provides high value genomic information to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets, including Basic Research, Clinical Research, Diagnostics, Forensics and AGBio.
How will you make an impact?
Are you passionate about science and specifically the contributions and advances made in the evolving world of genetic sciences? We are seeking a Sr. Market Development Manager to lead our genetic analysis applications global market development activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and tactical implementation of activities and deliverables supporting key application areas for our sequencing, real-time PCR, and microarray solutions, and executing-to-plan in cross-functional teams. This role will drive all aspects of our marketing efforts around creating new applications content and/or leveraging existing content to develop our market presence and penetration.
What will you do?
- Develop strategic, multi-channel integrated marketing plans for areas of responsibility, including customer segmentation, competitor analysis, business trends, market opportunities, and staging and pacing of marketing tactical programs
- Guide the development of messaging and creative content for specified applications and workflows for customers in academic, translational, and clinical research, as well as biotech and pharma research segments, conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation
- Find, nurture and maintain customer advocates and identify collaboration opportunities to drive application content development; leverage partners to champion our solutions
- Develop and execute engaging marketing campaigns to achieve measurable results for new and/or existing products
- Collaborate and ensure alignment of marketing plans among Product Management, Regional Market Development Partners, Commercial Leaders, and other stakeholders
- Successfully engage with advertising agencies and marketing program managers to deliver high-quality assets, including, but not limited to, creative direction and content for print and digital collateral, PR, social media, customer-facing presentations, global tradeshow properties and promotional materials
- Maintain campaign metrics dashboards to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Propose and execute on customer and market research programs to provide key market insights and actionable business outcomes
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and competitive academic, translational, and clinical research, biotech/pharma research, or other assigned markets
- Partner with Product Management and Regional Marketing Managers to develop and deliver sales training and support materials
- Manage marketing budgets and optimize the promotional mix on campaigns to achieve a high return on investment
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, KOL engagement and management, and public presentation
How will you get here?
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or other life science is preferred. A degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, with previous work experience in biotechnology, medical devices, or pharmaceutical industry is also acceptable. PhD, MS and/or MBA are desirable
- Minimum 5+ years of proven hands-on experience in marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility in the genomics, molecular biology, or molecular diagnostic arenas
- Technical, hands-on experience with sequencing, real-time PCR, and/or microarray technologies
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Self-starter and collaborative within project teams, and successful track record working in complex global, matrix environments, including managing expectations of multiple stakeholders across business units and regions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to senior leadership and large audiences
- Exceptional skill managing complex marketing projects with a strong attention to detail
- Adept at building and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leaders
- Strong creative intuition on design and messaging that resonates with customers and an ability to learn from previous campaigns to improve on performance
- Develop and deliver presentations and trainings for a wide variety of audiences, including sales teams, regional marketing and customers
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Approximately 25% domestic and international travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website