Sr. HR Compliance Manager
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position can sit in Waltham MA or Carlsbad CA
How you will make an impact:
As the Sr. HR Compliance Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to work in conjunction with our partners across the enterprise: HR Business Partners, HR Shared Services, Payroll, Employee Relations COE, Security, Internal Audit and Employment Law to assess and minimize compliance risk.
What you will do:
- Develop a comprehensive Risk and Compliance program for Human Resources, providing a framework that enables shared understanding of risk, compliance, and tradeoffs for decision making.
- Responsible for HR Compliance including adherence with federal, state and local laws, legislative tracking, HIPAA and privacy, HR process audits.
- Partner with leadership to drive awareness, education and clear roles and responsibilities for risk management and compliance across the organization.
- Provide direction and support to platform leaders for the design, collection, analysis and reporting of risk data.
- Represent, educate and advocate for controls and compliance in aggregate.
- Work on all aspects of execution of a Compliance Assurance Program including risk calibration, data collection, communication and coordination.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify and track risks and communicate exceptions to leadership.
- Assess, heatmap, and prioritize risk level and gaps, and assist in the prioritization and implementation of necessary projects to reduce overall risk to the business.
- Ensure alignment of appropriate policies and procedures with new and changed regulatory requirements.
- Develop and manage project trackers, provide clear communication to stakeholders, and develop and oversee project timelines.
- Organize efficient and streamlined risk area reporting (disclosures, metrics, reviews), execute on monitoring, testing and related assessments of the compliance program
- Represents HR on all risk related matters including managing assessment of top strategic and operational risks in coordination with HR leadership and Legal based on current regulatory landscape and anticipated changes.
- Responsible for external reporting associated w/ EEOC, Affirmative Action, OFCCP and Veterans 4212.
- Develop standard internal metrics for HR, Compliance & Board of Directors to convey trends and opportunities related to Risk, Compliance and Employee Relations across the enterprise.
- Represent HR on the Policy Committee while managing and revising HR policies, procedures and practices to enhance the workplace and promote the company culture.
- Manage 1 direct report on a matrix relationship.
How you will get here:
- Bachelor's degree required; JD, MBA or other Advanced Degree preferred
- 5 to 8+ years of Employee Relations/Compliance/Human Resources
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Experience influencing and advising on a wide range of compliance issues
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex strategic projects
- Ability to establish strong cross-functional relationships at all levels of an organization
- Ability to listen, but also to persuasively convey opinions and recommendations
- Deep understanding of FMLA, EEO laws, ADA and other employment-related laws & regulations
- Required to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Some travel may be required
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Domain expertise with a compliance control framework, including risk assessment, compliance testing, monitoring, and governance systems.
- Demonstrated strong analytic capacity and experience adding structure in a complex, ambiguous environment.
- Experience coordinating cross-functional projects in a decentralized environment, influencing and collaborating cross-functionally and with executive-level audiences.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website