When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
South San Francisco, CA
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. HR Insights & Analytics Partner will apply people data and analytics to improve workforce decisions that drive business performance and growth at Thermo Fisher Scientific with over 70,000 employees.
Design, execute, and present results from analytical projects that will inform critical business decisions and actions impacting the talent lifecycle, including headcount and workforce planning, talent management, career development, diversity and inclusion, organizational effectiveness, engagement, company culture, and retention. With actionable insights and recommendations, this position will help lead the way in transforming HR into a truly data-driven organization.
What will you do?
- Serve as the dedicated HR Insights & Analytics Partner supporting the operational and strategic business objectives of the Genetic Sciences Division, Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division, and LSG Functions (including Legal, Finance, HR, and Communications) within the Life Sciences Solutions Group.
- Design and implement innovative, data-driven solutions that address business and HR needs and challenges.
- Deliver recurring scorecards and dashboards on business performance and the effectiveness and impact of HR investments.
- Lead projects involving quantitative and qualitative studies, statistical and analytical modeling, and prescriptive and predictive analysis using large, complex sets of structured and unstructured data, bringing together talent data with cross-functional and external data sources.
- Present data, insights, and recommendations for action as a visually compelling story.
- Fulfill ad hoc data and analytical requests as needed.
- Represent HR and business needs during the design and rollout of companywide analytics solutions.
- Build analytical capability of HR business partners through guidance, consultation, and training as the expert on the selection of appropriate tools, the identification of drivers, trends, and proactive opportunities from the data.
- Maintain integrity and strict confidentiality to protect employee data privacy.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant work experience with data and analytics required.
- Advanced skills in data visualization and analysis tools – experience with Power BI or Tableau preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be effective in presenting to senior and executive leaders.
- Experience with change management and navigating with leadership agility within a large, global, highly matrixed, and rapidly evolving organization.
- Experience in programming preferred (Python, R).
- Experience with statistical analysis and natural language processing software preferred.
- Experience with HR systems – Workday and/or Kenexa preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website