When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is a part of the Genetic Sciences Division at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
How will you make an impact?
Sr. Manager, LCS (OEM) GSD and GTS Instrument Segment Leader is responsible for developing OEM and partnership strategies and delivering results for assigned instrument platforms for the Genetic Sciences and Genetic Testing Solutions Business Units (qPCR instruments).
The successful candidate recognizes and interprets emerging trends to enable the appropriate strategic direction. Anticipates internal and external needs and develops solutions of the greatest effect for clients. The candidate will have “C” and executive level communication skill and be able to build new long-term OEM partnerships that will have measurable success and growth for the division. She/he will execute the strategy, in partnership with business unit General Managers, and their team, as well and in collaboration with the global commercial organization. Vital to success in the role will be the ability analyze complex issues, develop fact-based recommendations, and lead efforts to adapt existing process to meet market and customer requirements.
What will you do?
- Develop strategies and deal structures for out-licensing and OEM supply of products ranging from instruments to consumables to software.
- Work in partnership with the Business Unit General Managers, and their team developing value propositions, capabilities, and customer centric solutions for OEM and GTS customers.
- Define the go to market strategy with the regional leadership and the demand generation plan with marketing.
- Collaborate with the field-based business development managers to uncover opportunities and expand deal pipeline.
- Collaborate with partners in other functions including legal, product management, R&D, manufacturing, finance and accounting.
- Lead negotiations, after initial contact via field-based business development team, through to the development of term sheets and the execution and management of agreements.
- Maintain a global deal funnel and develop forecasts.
- Develop business relationships with partners in a variety of markets including human molecular diagnostics, food and animal testing, and other commercial end markets.
How will you get here?
- B.S. in life science; MBA or M.S. or Ph.D. is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant licensing and business development experience, including identification & validation of strategic business opportunities in the life sciences field, as well as the proven track record of relevant completed business development transactions. (Strong capital equipment sales experience a plus)
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology applications or biotechnology / scientific instrumentation preferred.
- Prior experience in developing new markets preferred.
- Global business experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership, business, technical and negotiating skills.
- Expertise in complex sales and contract negotiation, alliance management and/or cross-functional team leadership experience.
- Prior experience in human IVD market strongly preferred.
- Vision to identify licensing opportunities and using fact based approaches to drive business recommendations and decisions.
- Familiarity with intellectual property and business practices.
- Excellent relationship building skills internal and external.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; attention to detail; experience drafting term sheets and contract provisions.
- Track record of successfully working with a variety of stake holders (internal and external) to resolve complex issues and create unique solutions.
- Ability to adjust for geographic and cultural differences.
- Global business experience preferred
- Travel 25%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82402002
Apply on company website