When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Pharmaceutical Services Group
How will you make an impact?
Oversee operations supporting the startup and commercialization of Steriles Operations Condos/Projects; providing technical and managerial leadership to the operations activities in the assigned business unit. Drives the implementation of operation execution strategies. Partners with the business unit's leadership team and interacts with the other site and business unit leaders to realize complementary overall business unit strategies that meet the short term tactical needs and longer-term ambition of the business unit.
What will you do?
- Acts a role model and provides leadership to assigned staff by lead organizational changes; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships among the groups; putting staff in a position to succeed, supporting the staff to meeting their personal career goals while achieving organizational goals; builds effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Ensures all production operations and equipment are controlled, validated, and in regulatory compliance; and the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and batch record documents exist and are follow and review regularly.
- Manages budget targets while providing production with adequate resources in facilities, equipment, and personnel to meet demand as laid-out in production schedules and plans.
- Evaluates production efficiencies, variances, and procedures on a continuous basis for process improvement.
- Accounts for ensuring Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) compliance of manufacturing operations to include operating procedures.
- Supports the development and drive the implementation of strategic plans to grow the business with existing customers and potential new customers.
- Supports organizational strategic planning by identifying capital needs, efficiency improvements, and long-term growth plans based on the company's financial objectives.
- Participate in hiring staff and onboarding process for the start-up.
- Maintains a work environment with fosters teamwork and supports the company's continuous improvement process.
- Supports the company's safety program to maximize safety awareness and provides a safe work environment
How will you get here?Education
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Operations Management related program, preferable.
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years of operations experience, quality experience or any other relevant experience in Pharma/Steriles preferable; plus two (2) or more years of experience in management/lead role.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Technical and operational knowledge in pharmaceutical or medical devices environment.
- Financial and analytical skills to manage capital projects and commercial technical transfers.
- Able to identify and implement process improvement initiatives to reduce cost and increase efficiencies in the operations.
- Effective and strategical verbal/written communication skills at all levels.
- High level of interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the customers; including tact to handle sensitive matters.
- Ability to interacts with and influence senior levels of the organization.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills. Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead professional staff in order to achieve goals, evaluate and resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to motivate, energize, and retain key staff through direct interactions with supervisors and staff.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft office
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website