When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Biomarkers Market Development team is positioned to make valuable contributions our customer's healthcare through entrepreneurial strategies aimed at In-vitro Diagnostic Markets (IVD). Our teams focus on evaluating new business opportunities in IVD markets and driving market access through global marketing plans and campaigns. Our organization is designed to enable visibility with business leadership and to empower you to strategically plan and implement the future of our organization.
What will you do?
Our Market Development strategy is crafted to provide you experiences in understanding global markets and the responsibility of growing a large organization. In addition to ownership of our IVD product segments, you will get the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of global marketers.
- Identify new business opportunities/markets and lead their evaluation (technical, clinical, customer need, business potential) within IVD. Contribute to the identification and valuation of M&A opportunities. Apply professional knowledge in using market research and competitive intelligence to derive business case inputs.
- Arrange contracts within relevant market opportunities and collaborate with our Sr. Manager of Market Development to maintain alignment to our organizational goals.
- Cultivate business relationships and lead customer accounts to ensure continuous business relationships, contractual compliance, open communication and identification of growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager of Market Development and our Director of Global Product Marketing to build cross functional relationships with Commercial, R&D, Product Marketing and senior leadership.
- Leave an imprint on our STRAP process by evaluating and analysing business opportunities.
- Use continuous improvement methodologies to improve internal/external processes such as scouting/ID new opportunities, business case development, go/no go criteria, external relationship building, etc.
- Take ownership over performance and raise awareness when support is needed or corrections to our processes need to be made.
Our Market Development Teams have an outstanding opportunity to drive our business forward, quickly gain credibility in our markets and develop strong business relationships internal or external to our organization.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, Chemistry, Biology or related sciences.
- (MBA Preferred)
- At least 3 years' experience in a quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving environments.
- Work experience in portfolio management, marketing/business development, or commercially facing roles within a technical ecosystem.
- Proven experience in product/market assessments, M&A, or the creation of business cases within an In-Vitro Diagnostics Space.
- Familiarity in handling intellectual property, financial reports (e.g. P&L, CVP, 10k, etc), and other business and legal processes.
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
Apply on company website