When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location / Division
Remote - Domestic U.S. / Instrument and Enterprise Services | Digital Science
How will you make an impact?
Essential to the Digital Science Business Unit's innovation in new products is to understand both investment and outcomes. This position will partner with the product management community to enable a consistent business unit level view of our portfolio (both pipeline and launched products), provide regular visibility into our R&D investment, and enable consistent performance tracking for future investments. This person will be responsible for innovation portfolio analytics, employing best in class metrics and data management as well as owning the business's quarterly portfolio review operating mechanism.
The candidate emphasizes customer-centric approaches to the product portfolio and is familiar with techniques in obtaining and capturing customer insights and feedback and incorporating voice of the customer into product pipeline. Additional responsibilities include scoping, building and maintaining external Strategic and Customer Advisory Boards and internal Governance Councils as needed. This person will also lead special projects and initiatives under the direction of the Head of Product Management.
What will you do?
- Analyzes data and provides views for reporting of key portfolio metrics
- Evaluates current financial and metric tracking to improve integration of reporting and continuous improvement in accuracy and robustness
- Uses customer-based insights and customer interviewing techniques to gather and define key business and functional requirements for reporting
- Builds and maintains multi-generational roadmaps for product as well as internal and external partnerships
- Drives continuous improvement and automation of key processes
- Leads modeling and analysis to drive business decisions as needed
- Designs and implements dashboards and provides visibility to strategically critical programs to enable consistent enterprise performance tracking and feedback loop for future investments
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher 4i Values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Computer Science, Business Administration or a related discipline
- Ten (10) years of product, portfolio or financial planning and analysis experience
- MBA-level financial acumen
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to influence and engage business partners, peers; possess ability to effectively interface with senior management and all other levels of the organization. Communicate and demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal customers within a highly matrixed organization
- Independently synthesize multiple data sources to formulate assessments regarding key indicators for portfolio performance and develop recommendations on current or future investments
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to consistently deliver a high-quality work product
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to be results-oriented
- Efficiently provide accurate, relevant and timely, information and analysis
- Maintains sound strategic thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize results in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Excellent project management, process improvement skills, ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Possess initiative, enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player
- Comfortable with ambiguity and stepping outside of his/her comfort zone and show initiative
- Advanced degree
Ability to travel as needed between 15-25%. This position can be based remotely anywhere in the domestic U.S.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73740478
Apply on company website