When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
What will you do?
Experienced flexographic press operator responsible for the creation of complex, custom printed clinical labels from roll stock using flexographic printing press. Label creation must comply with specifications listed on job order and customer profile and meet quality and construction specifications as defined by the Clinical Trial Industry and cGMP standards. Inspects printed material during production and changes controls to correct printing mistakes. Responsible for insuring equipment and materials are operated and maintained at the highest standards and as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in flexographic press manufacturing and full understanding of flexographic best practices.
- Ability to independently and expertly operate various flexographic presses.
- Knowledgeable in all label designs including construction attributes and label functionality.
- Ability to print complex label constructions from pressure sensitive roll stock using flexographic label presses.
- Demonstrates excellent ink matching and maintenance skills which meet the highest industry standards.
- Proven ability to work with various pressure sensitive materials and ink series and generate recommendations for optimal manufacturing.
- Follows client approved proofs and associated documents to manufacture labels per established specifications.
- Manufactures both roll and fan folded labels.
- Maintains daily and monthly production goals and schedules proactively relaying any obstacles encountered to management to insure smooth operations
- Produces products utilizing both water base and UV inks.
- Utilizes Delam/Relam and turn bar equipment.
- Utilizes both rotary and magnetic tooling.
- Proven ability to trouble shoot and identify solutions to problems.
- Inspects printed material during production and performs manual adjustments to avoid and/or correct printing inconsistencies and imperfections.
- Operates presses in a controlled manner to limit waste and defects.
- Offers process improvement suggestions to improve products, processes and environment.
- Ability to work in an organized manner, paying close attention to even the smallest detail, while maintaining a clean professional work environment.
- Ability to multi-task to optimize production while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Proactively ensures a quality product will be produced by performing tasks in a methodical manner
- Ability to work independently in planning, setting up and manufacturing a wide array of label constructions which meet client specifications.
- Issues, prepares and returns material correctly and in a timely manner for press runs.
- Understands and follows all SOPs and Work Instructions that relate to press operations on each press.
- Demonstrates excellent documentation practices at all times
- Maintains the pressroom in an organized manner in order to operate at the highest level of productivity.
- Follows all safety procedures when operating all manufacturing equipment or when handling chemicals.
- Performs all jobs per established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs) and company policies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate team work when necessary to insure jobs are completed per established timelines.
- Maintains the press area and label storage area in a constant state of cleanliness.
- Applies current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I's).
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
How will you get here?
- Designated position for mandatory vision testing every two years
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years flexographic printing press experience
- 5+ year's experience working in press manufacturing environment
- bility to troubleshoot issues and identify potential solutions associated with a wide array of constructions
- Mechanically inclined with demonstrated ability to accurately read measurements.
- Ability to lift and maneuver materials weighing up to 70 lbs
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with internal customers.
- Must be able to accept work instructions on a daily basis.
- Cooperative and professional team player
- Ability to learn new tasks and accept new responsibilities
- Experience with Mark Andy or AB Graphics Flexographic equipment.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website