Our Sr Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of research products and services within a defined territory, serving customers associated with Mass Bio. The Sr Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Manages territory to ensure effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Manage the strategic direction for the territory; Develops sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Aware of competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduce new products and services
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability, experience in negotiation
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry OR lab experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I's) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
This position (has/has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website