Job Title: EMEA TEA, 2nd Level Technical Support Specialist
Region of coverage: EMEA
Reports To: Manager EMEA Technical Support Group/Division: AIG / Instrument & Enterprise Services
Career Band: Band 7
Product Line: TEA
Location: Remote (Any EU country with Thermo Fisher office and preferably located near a main airport or transport infrastructure)
% of Travel Required: 50-75%
When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As a L2 Technical Support Specialist, you will be supporting and representing a higher level of technical support for other customer facing groups (e.g., FSEs and 1LTS). You will be expected to keep up to date by creating a strong relationship with the factory. Utilizing our remote technologies (such as Augmented Reality and various other digital tools) and through effective troubleshooting to determine an action plan to the FSE or if a specialist visit is needed to minimize disruption to the customer's scientific operations and provide a speedy resolution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and actively participates in the technical support activities for responsible product line within the EMEA region and is responsible to ensure timely and high-quality technical support deliveries to our customers which exceed their expectation.
- Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible. Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Manages product related escalations and help formulate action plans and technical solution with the escalation case stakeholders
- Involved in weekly escalations review calls
- Represents a higher level of technical support for other customer facing groups (e.g., FSEs and 1LTS).
- Involved in new product introductions
- Involved in special installations
- Major contributor to technical knowledge base
- Present tips and tricks for each product line each quarter
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, or higher in a scientific discipline such as chemistry, electronics, engineering, biology, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of equivalent job-related experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills, working across all levels, functions and regions
- Excellent Computer skills required
- Willingness to travel mainly within Europe and EMEA Territory
- Driving License
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written. Additional Language skills are a positive asset
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73725959
Apply on company website