When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work, and youll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, youll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for a territory covering Michigan and Ohio. The person in this role may live anywhere within the assigned geography which is near a major airport. Travel is frequent and expected to be 80% of the time.
How will you make an impact?
The Strategic Account Manager, is responsible for maintaining reagent revenue in a prescribed group of laboratory accounts. The individual will be expected to maintain, defend, and grow existing laboratory business in these Reference, Hospital, and Health System Laboratory accounts.
What will you do?
- Maintaining base business and achieving prescribed growth objectives
- Defending against competitive threat
- Providing business insight and value to retain customers and ensure customer relationships
- Demonstrating leadership and decision making in adjusting strategy to account for local factors or market shifts
The Strategic Account Manager is specifically accountable for the strategy development and tactical execution of the Autoimmunity and Allergy account retention in their given geography. They will also be expected to hold regular Customer Business Reviews to work with the commercial team to ascertain and act on opportunities for growth and optimized lab utilization; initiatives that could include profile normalization, sales/outreach training, cultivation of clinical champions, etc. Where such opportunities exist, the role will act as the primary liaison between the customer (procurement, lab administration, bench, Medical Director, Outreach, etc.) and IDD Commercial personnel.
How will you get here?
Education BS/BA, preferably in life sciences or business
- Minimum of five years senior level sales experience in Diagnostics or Medical Device Sales
- Solid working knowledge of the laboratory industry, laboratory sales (Strategic Selling), and an ability to communicate appropriate clinical messages related to IDDs assays.
- Must understand the key market drivers and dynamics of the US healthcare market.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Superior communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Results oriented
- Ability to lead without authority to achieve sales goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to assimilate information to garner support for resources, change, etc.
- Must be a key advocate/enforcer of our Corporate Compliance culture and policies.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website