Thermo Fisher Scientific's Viral Vector Services (VVS) is a rapidly growing, dynamic gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that is seeking sharp individuals to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. Our employees are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We are looking for top talent with proven competencies and strong character to join our team and help lead our organization into the future.
How will you make an impact?
Supervisor, Facilities/Maintenance: A motivated self-starter with high levels of initiative. Responsible for leadership, supporting and maintaining the Cambridge, GMP clinical/commercial manufacturing facility utility systems, including HVAC, Water for Injection (WFI), Purified Water (PW), Reverse Osmosis (RO), Pre-Treatment, Incubators, Compressed Gases, Waste Neutralization, and other building systems. Respond to utility and equipment related alarms, and maintenance issues during manufacturing campaigns. Identify areas of potential, to improve operational performance and compliance. Uphold safety procedures and safe practices. Provide technical support and troubleshooting for manufacturing support equipment during shift. The role will also be responsible for the supervision of providing maintenance support for new processing equipment, installations, and modifications to existing equipment. Documents all work in SAP, and equipment logbooks.
What will you do?
- Schedules, leads and performs preventative, routine, and non-routine maintenance on GMP equipment and building utilities.
- Provides mentorship, training and career development opportunities for maintenance staff.
- Makes daily inspection rounds and ensure all utilities and equipment in area of responsibility are operated and maintained per GMP guidelines.
- Tracks utility systems through the BMS and Delta V control systems.
- Logs readings on various plant equipment systems and investigates when alarms occur.
- Documents all work on validated systems including equipment logs, readings, and alarm investigations.
- Investigates equipment failures and troubleshooting and repairs.
- Responds to critical alarms for equipment systems.
- Reacts to loss of electrical power.
- Adhering to all established Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Policies (i.e., lockout/tagout, arc flash, OJTs)
- Reviews and completes assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Ensures adequate inventory of spare parts is available.
- Partners with team members to ensure daily production goals are met.
- Works independently but collaborates with equipment Responsible Engineers.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs to a height of 4 feet.
- Follows standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Assesses equipment needs and provides recommendations on system improvements.
- Participates in the Maintenance on-call responsibilities.
- Works 12 hour rotating shift
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Facilities/Maintenance certification or trade certification required
- State license in requisite trades preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate must be very motivated, a self-starter, and a willing listener.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience operating and maintaining facility equipment in a medical device or pharmaceutical GMP Environment preferred
- Training or field experience in Autoclaves, Clean Steam, WFI, water systems, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical systems, and/or water treatment preferred.
- Experience with HazMat procedures is preferred
- Experience with most of the following unit operations or technologies:
- WFI systems, Purified Water, Clean Steam
- Compressed gas
- HVAC Operation
- Environmental chambers
- Building Management Systems
- Waste treatment and Bio-inactivation systems
- Practical knowledge of GMP's and working in an SOP environment
- Ability to work independently
- Prior experience as a utility operator in a complex pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply on company website