Thermo Fisher Scientific's Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus, diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the development of new therapeutics and vaccines.
No of Direct Reports: 2
About Thermo Fisher Scientific, ANZ
Our growing team of 1200+ employees work together to deliver world-class science products and solutions to a wide range of key markets. With commercial, manufacturing and distribution sites across Australia and New Zealand, including Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Auckland, Adelaide, Newcastle, and Perth, our scope covers life sciences; specialty diagnostics; food, dairy & beverage; environmental & industrial; healthcare and analytical instruments including commercial, customer service, technical service, supply chain, finance and operations.
How will you make an impact?
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated supervisor to come onboard. You will create extraordinary service experiences for our customers to drive their ongoing business with Thermo Fisher Scientific. This role will be responsible for evolving people, processes, and systems to deliver service excellence.
This is a fulltime, permanent position based in Melbourne.
What will you do?
- Develop, mentor and coach the Operations Team Leaders to deliver high performing teams, driving a culture focused on continuous improvement
- Drive operational excellence through discipline and continual improvement of the end to end customer service delivery including;
- Call management, engineer dispatching, records management and invoicing
- Lead key PPI projects around operational productivity gains, including but, not limited to systems upgrades, improvements and alignment with global processes
- Drive improvement in the customer experience through trend analysis, reporting and recommendations from Customer Allegiance Scores
- Develop, implement and manage training plans to enable cross and upskilling of Field Service Engineers and Operations team to deliver on the vision of one cross functional service team
- Identify, develop and maintain service skus in ERP to support self-service of service quotations by sales team
- Control spare parts inventory to ensure availability support timely completion of service jobs
- Manage the field service management solutions enterprise platforms and associated integration systems, including the set up of and management of new Asset Management offering
- Own the monthly financial revenue recognition process
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that delivery the journey to service excellence
- Drive safety within the Service organization
- Manage operational aspects of FSE level I and apprentice workloads
You are an experiencedcontinuous improvement specialist or similarly experienced leader who has a strong ability to drive engagement and influence change with a strong customer centric focus.
You hold strong interpersonal communication skills and can communicate effectively to different audiences. Together with this you are an action orientated individual who thrives off taking various opportunities with a sense of urgency and hold a high degree of resilience when it comes to setbacks or difficult situations.
In addition, you hold the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in a science discipline, business management, supply chain or related field
- Experience in an Operational Leadership role in a customer service and/or service management environment
- Experience in a highly complex, matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills with the ability to a develop strong support for change
- Strong Analytical, data management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated track record of developing and shifting a team from a low to high performance culture
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary and performance related bonus structure
- Access to Thermo Fisher's global University
- Exposure to market leading & cutting edge technologies
- Career development opportunities as part of a leading global organisation
Apply on company website