How will you make an impact?
With 70000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we're helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you will do?
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of the product supply chain for assigned suppliers
- Negotiates best cost, service and quality solutions with suppliers to support business needs and inventory metrics to meet corporate targets
- Supports and promotes continued supplier performance improvements through integrated solutions (ex. EDI PO, acknowledgements, invoicing, ASNs) and weekly performance tracking programs such as LOTC (Lines on Time and Complete) and service level reporting.
- Ensures regular communications are held with key suppliers, maintains close liaison and assures accurate supplier and product information.
- Manages inventory by minimizing slow moving, obsolete, expired, overstocked and dead items.
- Responds to seasonal and contractual demand fluctuations.
- Provides reporting, analysis and feedback on suppliers as required.
- Assists with Customer complaint resolution when escalation is required ensuring acceptable quality standards and supplier support are being met.
- Ensures supplier contract adherence where applicable.
- Other duties as required.
How will you get here?
- University degree or college diploma in a business, procurement, or logistics discipline.
- Enrollment in, or completion of Certified Purchasing Professional designation program or APICS certification is an asset.
- 2 years experience in a business/logistics environment.
- Proven negotiation, organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently.
- Proven analytical and excel skills. BI experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and develop both internal and external relationships. Works regularly with Suppliers, Distribution, Customer Service, Finance, IT and Sales. Works with Customers as required.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Apply on company website