Team Lead, Customer Site
Requisition ID: 105851BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
What will you do?
- Leads a team of on-site staff. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff's performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members and self. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high-quality service is delivered through a variety of means including: staff meetings, exceeding service levels, monitoring of the site performance, productivity, and attendance records. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations in a timely manner. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Interacts with management, sales and the customers on matters concerning functional areas within the department regularly.
- Collaborates with Regional Site Supervisor and management to quantify all aspects of value creation for the customer through rigorous data collection and reporting. Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI's, tracks trends, and implements best practices. Report business metrics, target and define new opportunities, act as resource for sales team, act as resource for the customer in the area of service, savings and opportunities.
- Conducts site audits and annual physical inventory.
- Evaluates employees' training needs, identifies possible solutions and arranges for needed training and development. Ensures that employees are cross trained and develops employees to create a career path and succession plan.
- Supports Practical Process Improvement and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service. Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
- Prepares and reviews various operational reports and individual associate performance reports.
- Attends training classes and regional meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Obtain and maintain all necessary certifications to support site operations. This may include forklift certification, DOT and IATA training.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with limited experience; or equivalent work experience.
- At least three to five years of experience in a supervisory role required.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred.
- Overall understanding of service management, customer satisfaction.
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Excellent computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Must be flexible with hours
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate a large group of employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to employees, various levels of the customer business and peers. Must have a customer orientation to develop customer relationships.
- Must possess written and communication skills to clearly express his or her ideas, share technical information, communicate well with customers and all levels of the organization, write procedures and develop plans. Must be able to handle conflict well and give positive and constructive feedback along with managing performance issues.
- Must possess analytical and critical thinking ability to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Must possess organizational skills to meet deadlines and assist staff in multi-tasking.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Must be self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, as well as a quick learner.
- Must be computer literate and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must be able to learn and perform well, utilizing customer and internal systems.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- May be required to work independently within customer location
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
- At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website