Position Summary: Technical Sales Consultant, Digital Science Software
The Technical Sales Consultant, Digital Science, is a member of the commercial team, providing technical support to account managers in relationship with accounts and partners in the North American region focusing on growing current revenue streams and/or developing new revenue streams. The technical responsibility includes analysis of requirements, technical consultancy, preparation and delivery of demonstrations of Digital Science software portfolio for LIMS, ELN, SDMS, and integration solutions. This position carries a sales quota for the North America region.
Remotely based in any major US city.
What will you do?
- Support sales team with technical qualification assistance and analyzes potential opportunities early in the sales cycle along with account manager.
- Responds effectively and promptly to customer requests and clarifies the customers' business challenges.
- Provide technical support for RFx responses in support of the team.
- Builds technical relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents establishing initial technical credibility with accounts.
- Communicates regularly with the account team to ensure that they are informed on significant product developments and customer issues.
- Understands business goals and evaluates and prioritizes opportunities accordingly along with account managers and Director of Sales.
- Understands the strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively with account managers. Has sufficient technical and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.
- Ensures that management is involved at critical times and during pivotal opportunities. Involves other departments or groups as appropriate and collaborates with them to implement appropriate strategies to address opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Prepares product for demonstration in accordance with needs of prospective customers, providing a realistic estimation of preparation time needed.
- Prepare and deliver compelling, focused technical demonstrations.
- Prepare and deliver focused Proofs of Concept (PoC).
- Works with the Service Management team to ensure an effective, efficient and seamless transition to service operations upon completion of the sales process.
- Participates in regional meetings to share best practice, and occasionally assist with technical training.
- Actively collaborate in the maintenance and evolution of demonstration systems and shares interesting/innovative technical developments with peers.
How will you get here?
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Life Science, Engineering or Information Technology.
- 5+ years' technical sales experience, preferably in the LIMS business working with industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotech, oil & gas, food & beverage, and/or chemicals.
- Experience and knowledge of services business solutions/enterprise scientific software demonstrations.
- Familiarity with commercial operations in complex sales cycles.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and positive professional relationships with customers, peers, and upper management.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82411586
Apply on company website