When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, High Content Analysis – East/MidAtlantic US. Remotely based in Greater NYC, Philadelphia, Greater DC, or Raleigh/Durham, NC to cover NY, NJ, PA, DC, MD, DE, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL.
Responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Scientific High Content Imaging and Analysis products to specified accounts comprising the assigned territory.
What will you do?
- Drive Capital Equipment-focused sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently.
- Serve as High Content Imaging and Analysis Sales Specialist within target markets and key accounts with a focus on developing new business and closing sales to customers in academic and industrial markets.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in high content imaging products and solutions.
- Create, cultivate and manage relationships between the Company and its customers: Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each customer's: research and development processes, critical business initiatives, R&D organizational structure and new technology evaluation / implementation processes, and their capital funding, approval, and procurement process.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills. Influence customers to the value of the company's technology solutions in solving their innovation and productivity challenges.
- Develop customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
- Manage the sales cycle (3-12 months) from introduction through purchase to deployment, requiring extensive coordination among various Company resources through the sales process.
- Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
- Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customer site or locally.
- Master's Degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience.
- 2+ years Laboratory Equipment Sales experience, prefer Capital Equipment Sales Experience.
- Must be proficient in using MS office, and experience in using a contact information management system.
- Overnight travel up to 50% of the time based upon territory.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website