TECHNICAL SALES SPECIALIST, MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
Germany – Based in the South of Germany
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast-paced global leader in serving science? Are you passionate about making a difference and providing professional service at a high level within the Life Science segment? This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global Life Science company dedicated to improving the human condition. Our systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific advancements that make life cleaner, healthier and safer.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will be joining a multicultural team of Technical Sales Specialists who work across Europe and report into the Manager – Technical Specialists.
You will be home-based in the Southern part of Germany, and you will cover key accounts in the South of Germany. This is a role for someone who enjoys travelling, as you can expect to be travelling around 75% of your time.
You will be responsible for driving and supporting the direct sales of the Thermo Fisher Scientific's molecular biology products, both consumables and instruments, aiming to maintain the existing business and increase the number of new accounts to achieve the company's financial objectives. The Molecular Biology portfolio includes DNA/RNA sample prep solutions, market-leading Reverse-Transcription solutions, PCR workflow (reagents and instruments), Cloning reagents and NGS Library prep kits
- Demonstrate clear product expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in Molecular Biology.
- Regularly visit current and new customers and attend applicable events and exhibitions in your region
- Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations with your key customers
- Support our account managers teams (field and inside sales teams)
- Follow the business plan in order to meet or exceed Thermo Fisher Scientific's commercial targets for the territory.
HOW WILL YOU GET THERE?
You must be a proactive, team-oriented and driven individual with a background in molecular biology and commercial experience.
You are someone who has:
- Strong understanding of molecular biology principles, methods and applications and ideally has a master's Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; (PhD is desirable but not essential) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Previous field experience with sales or comparable customer relations.
- Strong self-organizational and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong presentation skills for both technical and sales related materials
- A flexible mind set and adapts well in a rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to work in a team environment and influence/motivate other team members.
- Experience of Microsoft programmes: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Fluent German and English
IS THIS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. What story will you tell?
APPLY NOW on our career site http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you you have questions contact Sr Recruiter, Germany
Application deadline 31 November 2021
Apply on company website