When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
An opportunity exists for an experienced sales professional in the Laboratory Products Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position offers the right candidate a key position as a Laboratory Equipment Representative and will provide opportunities for career development and growth. The position is located in the Bay Area of California and covers a territory that includes the Southern Peninsula area.
How will you make an impact?
The Territory Sales Rep is part of the Laboratory Products Division which unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most – delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives.
The Ideal candidate will enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing them with state of the art laboratory solutions.
What will you do?
- Meet and exceed your assigned geographic territory forecast. This will be accomplished by aggressively pursuing new sales opportunities and by effectively establishing strong business relationships with our current and future client base.
- Train and work with our channel partners to develop and close sales opportunities.
- Seek out new business potentials for Thermo Fisher Scientifics' other divisions and engaging all appropriate sales personnel to achieve maximum results for the company in total.
- Promote Thermo Fisher Scientific's breadth of product offerings on all sales calls to achieve maximum client solution opportunities.
- Participate as a team member in all assigned corporate and focus account initiatives.
How will you get here?
Bachelor's Degree in the Life Sciences preferred
- 3 years of highly successful laboratory sales experience, industry and/or academia experience.
- Experience selling through multiple channel partners including direct sales and marketing is desired.
- Must have an exceptional understanding of our markets and knowledgeable of diverse laboratory product applications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exceptional analytical capability and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and influence others to achieve results.
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize on-line CRM applications preferably Salesforce.com
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business.
- Evidence of professional presentation skills.
- Outstanding follow up and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel to accomplish assigned goals.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website