When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Treasury Coordinator has three primary areas of responsibility: (1) managing the Global Treasury Inbox (2) assisting Treasury Management and Treasury Analysts with bank reconcilement and bank related research requests and (3) serve as back-up for the Americas Netting Coordinator by tracking netting settlement and reconcilement for North and Latin America. Coordinator will be required to research, respond, and/or direct queries received into the Treasury mailbox to Treasury Team for resolution. All requests must be tracked and appropriately archived. A key responsibility will be to ensure that payment requests are carefully reviewed and properly authorized for payment. The Coordinator will also support the monthly intercompany netting process from start to finish, including the uploading of payment files, reporting and tracking of payments at settlement date, any post netting balancing with the IHB. The Coordinator will work closely with the Treasury Analysts and Treasury Management Team regarding the communication and reporting of key cash requirements and requests received via the Treasury in-box.
- Maintain Treasury Inbox by researching and reconciling requests, prepare/validate/print electronic fund transfers for compliance and delegating correspondence to appropriate recipients
- Enter payment requests into various online banking portals while following proper treasury controls and validations
- Prepare bank forms such as certified check requests, return authorization letters and check affidavit forms
- Assist Netting Coordinator with monthly netting process including the reconciliation for North America and Latin America business units; one weekday and one weekend/month required as part of netting back-up support
- Provide back-up support for check and ACH positive pay exceptions
- Maintain repetitive payment instructions
- Assist in internal bank signature audit
- Electronic archiving of Treasury Box
- Proactively research queries and analyze problems presented to the Treasury Inbox, while providing timely follow-up
- Create spreadsheets and perform analysis as needed using Microsoft Excel
- Perform other related projects as assigned
Understand basic financial concepts and how this relates to the intercompany netting program. Must be able to understand online banking platforms functionality as it relates to products/services and provide administrative support to maintain compliance
With Thermo Fisher Scientific online banking policies.
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and/or licensure/certification; Bachelor's degree or CTP preferred
- One weekday and one weekend per month required for support (approx. 2-3 hours)
- Knowledge and use of various computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite) with emphasis on above average Excel skills
- Knowledge of corporate finance functions and commercial banking payments systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to move between multiple disparate online banking systems with ease
- Above-average attention to detail; including numeric representation
- Ability to use logic and reason to discern the nature of issues reported by the businesses and troubleshoot accordingly
- Ability to shift focus from task to task effectively as priorities change
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks as dictated by business needs while meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to meet deadlines accurately
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to follow basic directions and processes
- High degree of confidentiality
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website