Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The group lead position will require the employee to perform daily work functions while assisting the supervisor in leading the employees in meeting the departmental productivity, quality, service and financial goals.
- Responsibility for the daily distribution activities, productivity and quality within assigned department(receiving, picking, packing, shipping, inventory control).
- Provide leadership and assistance with the daily operation of the department to meet all daily objectives.
- Assist employees with exceptions and problem resolution to ensure high level of accuracy in department.
- Coordinate with Supervisor to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to meet department and launch time goals.
- Organize and direct workflow for the department when supervisor is unavailable
- Provide instructions about standard operating procedures, material handling equipment and help in resolving problems.
- Train and asses temporary employees and new hires.
- Assist the supervisor in maintaining a safe, injury-free work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment. Must be proficient in all aspects of distribution and departmental standard operating procedures.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- General warehouse experience is preferred
- Worker should have or be willing to obtain forklift certification and prior experience operating a powered industrial truck.
- Preferred experience in computers and scanning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and posses problem solving abilities.
- Ability to constantly stand and move around department required.
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending and reaching required.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance necessary for adequate scheduling and coverage.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Lifts, carries, pulls and pushes up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Role model leader with ability to lead with the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website