Receiving/ Put away/ Inventory Control position will follow all standard operating procedures (SOP's) to complete all internal and external customer requests. Position will operate a powered industrial truck or pallet jack to transport received items from inbound trucks to the receiving area for processing according to distribution procedures.
- Processes all Receiving / Inventory Control paperwork, orders, returns, cycle-counts, and inventory adjustments according to priority set by Supervisor/Group Lead in order to meet company requirements.
- Maneuvers powered industrial truck to various locations throughout the Distribution Center.
- Transports product to assigned areas to complete receiving and inventory control process according to established Distribution procedures.
- Verifies proper storage conditions of products and Notifies Supervisor of any Non Conforming issues that may arise such as Shortages, Expired Product, Breakage, and Incorrect Material.
- Practices good housekeeping and keeps inventory neat, clean, and orderly.
- Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction including maintaining sufficient employee relations and teamwork.
- Work in all areas of distribution center as assigned to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates dependability, safety consciousness, productivity, and quality at or above standards along with willingness to maintain flexibility and perform multiple warehouse functions as needed.
- Performs daily pre-trip inspection safety checks on powered industrial truck prior to use where applicable.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment. Must be proficient in all aspects of distribution and departmental standard operating procedures.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- General warehouse experience is preferred, preferably in the Picking department.
- Worker should have or be willing to obtain a forklift certification and prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably a cherry picker.
- Preferred experience in computers and scanning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and posses problem solving abilities.
- Lifts, carries, pulls and pushes up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Ability to constantly stand and move around department required.
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending and reaching required.
- Must be willing to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
- Regular, Reliable and Predictable Attendance necessary for adequate scheduling and coverage.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Worker must be able to read and write in English.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website