As a member of the Culinary Bakery Team, the Baker II performs all functions of a Baker, with additional responsibilities and skill requirements, such as decorating cakes and other baked goods.
Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Thunder Valley Casino's "Winning Attitude" Company-wide culture and demonstrating Thunder Valley Casino's AAA Four Diamond Service Standards at all times.
- Properly rotates products in all freezers, storerooms and cold boxes.
- Identifies different products such as flour, sugar, fondant and chocolate.
- Maintains awareness of the last minute orders, last minute banquets, etc.
- Makes regular cakes, from mixing, baking and decorating, along with cream pies, desserts and retail pastries such as cream puffs, éclairs, fruit tarts, etc.
- Two years of experience preferred producing professionally decorated cakes.
- Effective cake decorating skills that consistently produce superbly decorated cakes, including colors, patterns and logos.
- Ability to work with icing, fondant, and airbrushes.
- Ability to conceive, develop, and produce designs that effectively capture the intended message and produce the desired results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form, demonstrating professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to work well within a team and with diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to work with equipment, such as mixers, oven, microwave, etc.
- Knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines.
- Knowledge of proper rotation procedures, including but not limited to the first in/first out (FIFO) method.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines while producing quality output.
- Organizational and time-management skills as well as demonstrated sense of urgency when needed.
- Reliability and ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to meet the minimum age requirement of at least 21 years of age.
- Basic math skills.
- Possess or obtain a California Food Handler Card.
If you feel that this position is a great match for your interests and skills, click the button below to apply. Thank you again for considering joining the Thunder Valley Casino Resort team!
Apply on company website