Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Shomari is an Assistant Store Manager here at TJX Canada. To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Shomari. He loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Shomari who push our creative limits. When Shomari isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, he can be found in team huddles and scoring big with his soccer team on weekends. He just loves the collective win!
CLICK HERE to watch a day in the life of Shomari!
If you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create an environment that fosters open communication and information sharing through effective leadership and communication
- Provide coaching, training and development to Associates; review performance and provide feedback
- Provide input on succession plans to meet future needs of store; ensure each Associate has a development plan that supports their growth and career aspirations
- Actively participate in recruitment (interviewing, hiring) and training Associates on policies and procedures
- Maintain and support company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Oversee assigned area of store operations that may include merchandising and presentation, frontline, fitting rooms, jewelry, maintenance, cash office, markdowns, administration, scheduling, shipping and receiving
- Support established store sales, expense targets and customer service metrics by implementing strategies with impact to store payroll, store budgets, loss prevention and improving customer service
- Identify business opportunities by reviewing merchandise presentation, merchandise mix, and inventory levels, and communicate your recommendations to the Store Manager
- Participate in store visits from Regional teams, District Managers, Home Office partners by planning and preparing the store and participating in discussions on store goals and challenges
- Complete Store walk-throughs with Associate teams to identify trends and determine opportunities to drive sales
- Communicate and execute action plans to Associates on upcoming projects, targets, priorities, company initiatives, events and promotions
- Support the Joy Project to drive the importance of team engagement and building strong connections between Managers, Associates and Customers
- Address customer service issues and provide coaching to Associates when necessary
- Ensure every customer has a positive shopping experience; exercise discretion regarding customer service policies in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Completion of Post-Secondary education preferred; High school diploma required
- You have at least 3 years of retail management experience
- Your core skills include planning, prioritizing, leading large groups, developing people, and executing tasks with knowledge and confidence
- You have the ability to problem solve and prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.
Apply on company website