Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Victoria is a Custom Compliance Analyst in our Logistics Department. She is responsible for the proactive, timely and accurate compliance with customs requirements of all imported merchandise.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Victoria. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Victoria who push our creative limits. When Victoria isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Custom Compliance Analyst, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Accountable for the accuracy of HS product classification and the assignment of tariff treatment
- Partners with other Compliance Specialists, as a team, accountable for the timely and accurate completion of 3CE work queue
- Supports the Admissibility team in timely and accurate completion of customs entries
- Supports merchandise flow as it pertains to all imported merchandise
- Liaises with Vendors, Buyers and Merchandise Assistants to obtain product information and certificates of origins
- Liaises with other business partners, i.e. Custom Broker, Freight Forwarder, Agents and Government Agencies in compliance requests
- Prepares and provides regular updates to Compliance Supervisor on trends, trade news and agreements, compliance opportunities and potential risks identified through working with the 3CE application.
- Identifies and refers to appropriate Customs regulations to initiate Customs advance rulings.
- Assist in training and distribution of tasks to 3rd party teams.
- Upholding compliance and performance standards of 3rd party teams through KPIs and post-audit verification.
- Knowledge and application of Customs Advance Rulings
- Participates in and/or leads annual and special projects as required
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Customs and Product Classification
- Post-secondary or equivalent in Customs Compliance or Global Trade preferred
- CCS designation an asset
- Good knowledge of Customs Act, Customs Tariff and Participating Government Departments and Agencies regulations
- Ability to identify and translate current trade trends, news and trade agreements into identified organizational risks and opportunities.
- Adapts quickly to the changing requirements and needs of business
- Good knowledge of overall merchandise flow of merchandise from Vendor to Distribution Centre
- Adheres to Custom Border Services, Agents regulations, and Canada Custom regulations
- Ability to influence business partners, to build and maintain collaborative relationships
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to build cross- functional relationships
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including analysis of information (i.e. requirements, description of problems) and be able to provide solutions to effectively resolve issues
- Ability to work independently; excellent time management skills with ability to estimate time required to complete projects; follow up on assignments, and keep appropriate team members up to date and aware of progress
- Customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires or resolving any conflicts/problems that might arise
- Good organizational and project management skills including structured project methodology (i.e. determining needs, researching existing programs, etc.); preparing and maintaining detailed development plans for projects; determining project specifications; understanding and applying principles of project control to launch and manage new initiatives and innovations
- Investigative seeker, innovative thinker to continually add value and help achieve business results
- Provides strategic suggestions to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of processes
- Contributes to the design and implementation of new processes
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications and 3CE system
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.
Apply on company website