Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
What is the role of a Merchandise Assistant at TJX?
Our Merchandise Assistants support 2-4 Buyers and an AVP, Merchandise Manager on a variety of administrative and clerical functions. They communicate with approximately 50+ vendors between all merchants they support. They monitor and edit domestic and import purchase orders and follow up on allocations and late vendor shipments. Our Merchandise Assistants also Interface with all levels of management and communicate with multiple internal and external contacts on a routine basis. They coordinate all travel arrangements for assigned merchants and set up vendor and agent visits in the home office. They also create and maintain spreadsheets to monitor weekly spend for merchants as necessary. We also expect our Merchandise Assistants to support their peers and merchants outside of their area.
- Prepares and writes domestic and import purchase orders.
- Enters and reviews electronic PO's via the Buyer Worksheet application.
- Revises purchase orders daily and follows the purchase order change process.
- Ensures all necessary signatures are obtained for a letter of credit PO.
- Partners with Planning & Allocation to expedite PO entry.
- Follows through with P&A to ensure electronic PO's are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of ASN/EDI PO information including identifying ASN/EDI orders and contacting vendors for required information when needed.
- Pulls late lists weekly and follows up on all late PO's with vendors.
- Reviews ship dates and cancel or make revisions as necessary.
- Receives authorization from Buyer to approve vendor shipping extensions and renegotiate costs as needed.
- Follows up with traffic/transportation departments as needed.
- Tracks all PO's generated through the buyer worksheet system to ensure final PO has been received.
- Copies and obtains Buyer and AVP, MM signatures on all PO's to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Assists in merchandise shipment follow up and problem solving for over/under shipments and vendor charge-backs/cost discrepancies
Vendor Communication and Vendor Samples
- Communicates daily with vendors via telephone and email regarding purchase orders, allocations, problem solving, etc.
- Plays an integral role in enhancing and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Fields and screens telephone calls for PO and non-PO related matters to include prospective vendor inquiries, scheduling vendor appointments and allocation inquiries.
- Initiates calls to vendors to solicit contact and address information to ensure vendor databases are accurate and updated.
- Coordinates and sets up vendor and agent visits at the home office.
- Assists in pre-production/production sample process to include tracking receipt of samples, setting up displays for buyer approval and creating and maintaining binders, etc.
- Opens and organizes all sample packages for buyer review.
- Requests samples from vendors for strategy meetings and ensures samples are received and returned in a timely manner. Organizes and maintains sample room and purges samples as needed.
- Maintains a pre-ticket address database and follows-up with the Planning department and vendors to resolve pre-ticketed merchandise problems
General Office Duties
- Files and photocopies PO's and other departmental forms.
- Develops effective organizational techniques to support merchants and operations such as filing and binder systems.
- Organizes reports for Buyers on a weekly basis to include Buyer Control File and On Order Inquiry.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements weekly for 2-5 merchants and completes Merchandise Manager/Buyer itinerary paperwork including scheduling market appointments.
- Assists and supports MAs and merchants outside of own area to include corporate buying offices as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Independent, requires minimal supervision
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to an ever-changing and diverse environment
- Strong verbal and written communication with ability to assess and tailor communication style to different personalities/needs
- Strong attention to detail; strong organizational and follow through skills
- Strong ability to multitask in a high volume and fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor
- Good data entry and math skills
- Basic computer skills required to include Excel and Word
- One year of office or equivalent experience required
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Apply on company website