Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
The Solution Developer in the area of North American Selling & Operations is an entry level position that will be participating in design and development activities for POS solutions.
- Performs Java programming, SQL, code analysis, debugging, develops and executes unit/integration tests.
- Creates test data and supports development lab environment for medium to high level of complexity tasks.
- Creates and reviews Detailed Technical Specifications and performs the review of Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity.
- Prepares Production Readiness documentation for implementations of low to medium level of complexity
- Actively participates in Solution Development process definitions and development of Solution Development best practices and standards.
- Contributes to new technology, vendor package and tool road mapping, evaluation and introduction.
- Contributes to defining and enforcing the source control and release management processes and standards.
- Ensures compliance with Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability and Supportability standards and policies and provides Monitoring recommendations for tasks of low to medium level of complexity.
- Works with the Agile Systems Development Life Cycle and adheres to Sarbanes Oxley compliance and all TJX Company standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
- 0-6 years in IT, specifically in the technical design, Java development and implementation or support of business systems.
- Proficient in one or more of the following areas: Java, SQL database concepts, multi-tier/multi- platform application development, distributed processing, open source
- Understanding of the systems development life cycle including complementary software development methods such as software prototyping, JAD, RAD and software development methods based on iterative and incremental development such as Agile.
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Good verbal and written technical communication skills
- Able to collaborate within the team
- Able to troubleshoot
- Able to adapt easily to changing requirements and priorities
- Oracle Xstore a plus
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Apply on company website