Style is never in short supply at our more than 1,000 TJ Maxx stores. They all have different products, but the same commitment to the thrill of the find. From designers straight off the runway to statement jewelry, we offer exciting surprises that make the everyday a little more fun. Same with working here. Our environment is ever-changing, yet always encouraging. Each shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different.
Lead all aspects of the Maintenance Team (10-15 technicians) in our TJ Maxx Distribution Center. This Supervisor is responsible for the upkeep and repair of the equipment, building, and grounds-- specifically including the electrical, HVAC, conveyor hi-rackers, transporters, fire prevention equipment, and safety programs. Coordinates with local contractors and vendors to obtain high quality, cost effective service equipment.Responsibilities
- Supervise a shift of 10-15 maintenance staff
- Develop, counsel, motivate, and resolves associate relations issues. Provide a good working atmosphere. Conduct performance appraisals and monitor performance of all associates.
- Maintain efficiency and safety of all equipment. Monitor the daily operation and direct action as required.
- Coordinate daily maintenance of equipment. Consult with Maintenance Staff, Engineering, and Production-Personnel to determine future requirements.
- Coordinate with the Managers and Supervisors to establish priorities and schedule the work load to satisfy production needs.
- Coordinate with local contractors and vendors for equipment and services as required.
- Order parts and equipment and obtains services for repair and maintenance of the facility's equipment.
- Complete reports and perform other administrative duties as required.
- 3-5 years of conveyor-systems experience within a distribution center.
- Strong knowledge of building codes, trade standards, and general practices within the maintenance industry.
- Solid understanding of electrical, mechanical, construction, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisor experience supervising Mechanics.
- A formal education in desired/related field (at least a 2-year training program) is strongly preferred.
- College experience is helpful, but not required. Must be a High School graduate.
- Must have working proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
At TJ Maxx there's so much potential to discover something new. A new day means new merchandise, and a fresh chance to reinvent retail. Discover Different means that we want you to bring your whole self and your sense of style to work with you every day - just as Associates do throughout the entire TJX family, which includes Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different also means we embrace each other's differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Apply on company website