Charge Off Collector
The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for a Charge Off Collector to join our team and become part of a dynamic corporate culture dedicated to supporting our stores and team members. Our Collections Agents use their customer service and negotiation skills to work with title loan and personal loan customers facing payment difficulties and assist customers in settling their accounts. Whether it's accepting payments over the phone or setting up a payment plan, our Collections Agents handle sensitive customer information daily with the highest of integrity. You come to the table with the dedication and work ethic we expect of every team member, and we'll provide you with a competitve salary, training, tools, and resources you'll need to succeed. This is a full-time, in-office opportunity.
- Conduct calls to account holders who are past due to negotiate payment arrangements or settlements within set guidelines.
- Receive calls from customers whose accounts are charged off to answer payment questions or make payment arrangements.
- Record transactions and customer interactions with accuracy and detail.
- Ensure all federal and state guidelines, including FDCPA, are followed while meeting defined Quality Assurance requirements and other measures of success.
- Ability to maintain a full-time work schedule with regular in-person attendance, including limited Saturday hours, is required for this position. A full-time work schedule for this position includes, at a minimum, 40-hours per week.
- Minimum one year of previous telesales or collections experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Listening skills with the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to type 40+ wpm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the office, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard
- Bachelor's Degree
Our Benefits Include*:
- A comprehensive new hire training program designed to help set you up for success
- Access to a robust learning management system, full of e-learning modules and training programs to help boost your professional and personal development
- Professional Development and Mentor Programs plus Ongoing Training Resources
- Multiple coverage levels for Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Group Health & Wellness Program, plus special savings on retail items, travel, entertainment, and more through TMX Perks
- Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with Company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and AD&D Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including short-term and long-term disability insurance, accident, critical illness, and hospital confinement insurance
- Paid Time Off (Accrue 12 days per calendar year plus 2 additional days for each year of service after the first year of employment, 18 days in total)
- Performance-based career advancement
- Diverse Culture and Inclusive Environment
Learn More About Us
The Charge Off Collector is a member of the Centralized Collections Team, which is committed to helping customers with innovative payment solutions and business services. To learn more about the Centralized Collections Team, visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/store-support.
What We Offer
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Diversity at the TMX Finance® Family of Companies is one of the driving forces behind our Company's success and we are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining talent of various backgrounds who demonstrate our shared values. We have worked to create a welcoming and inclusive environment where Team Members can collaborate freely to help spark innovation, drive creativity, advance their skillset, and move their career forward. Our commitment to diversity isn't just about the work we accomplish; it's about fostering a sense of belonging where talented Team Members can bring their whole selves to work to help maximize their full potential.
Our Workplace Awards and Recognition
We are honored to be recognized as a Military Friendly Employer for 2021, 2022, and 2023, a Best Company to Work for by InHerSight, and have received designation as a Top Employer for Hispanic and Latinos by HLPA 2022 and 2023.
TMX Finance® Family of Companies is one of the largest consumer specialty finance organizations in the United States. Since 1998, we have provided access to credit for customers who are underserved by traditional lenders through our TitleMax®, TitleBucks®, and InstaLoan® brands. Many of our customers have nowhere else to turn when they suffer short-term financial setbacks like medical emergencies or home repairs, so it is our mission to remain a reliable source of credit and offer customers hope and opportunity.
Check out what's happening in our Company at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
*Based on current benefit offering, which is subject to change with or without notice. Certain benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the governing plan documents which should be consulted for additional details and eligibility requirements.
Important: The TMX Finance® Family of Companies will never ask you for banking or other payment information at any point during the interview or hiring process, nor will we conduct an interview via text message. Any official email correspondence will come from the domain @titlemax.com or @titlemax.biz. For questions or verification, call 1- 855-TMX-JOBS.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Apply on company website