Marketing Data Scientist
The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for a Marketing Data Scientist to design, develop, and maintain complex statistical models that support marketing risk management for TMX Finance Family of Companies' loan products. In this role, you will be required to collect & analyze large sets of data, build models, design experiments, and make recommendations to optimize analytical marketing strategy including lead generation, affiliate auction programs, and credit quality assessments. These strategies will help the company maximize revenue, improve margins, and create significant value.
- Pull and manipulate data from internal (such as SQL Database and Salesforce) and external (such as third-party vendors) data sources to optimize the performance of marketing campaigns in conjunction with the existing underwriting models.
- Develop prospect and affiliate marketing risk models utilizing advanced analytics, statistics, machine learning, and other emerging methodologies when appropriate.
- Design tests and experiments to constantly refine marketing risk models and loan terms such as loan amounts and pricing parameters to yield best customer experience and loan performance.
- Develop predictive models for customer segmentation, churn prediction, conversion prediction, customer personas, and marketing ROI optimization.
- Monitor top- and bottom-of-the-funnel trends and profitability of various marketing campaigns to evaluate changes in marketing models and rule sets.
- Develop actionable customer journey maps for lead conversion and margin maximization.
- Create and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Make suggestions and provide commentary to the marketing and credit risk teams on how to improve profitable marketing efforts for the business.
- Advanced degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) or MBA with STEM undergraduate degrees
- Professional experience in data science, marketing analytics, risk modeling and/or statistics
- Proficient in database and statistical analysis software (e.g., SQL, R, Python)
- Good understanding of experimental design and statistical principles
- Experience in Financial Services and Subprime Lending preferred
- Working knowledge of direct mail, digital marketing, and affiliate marketing campaigns is a plus, but not a hard requirement for the role.
- Ability to conduct extensive data research and handle large datasets
- Capable of communicating ideas clearly and concisely, in both written & oral formats
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task
- Capable of being objective and giving/taking constructive feedback
- A natural proclivity for questioning assumptions and challenging orthodoxies
- Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the office, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard
Our Benefits Include*:
- A comprehensive new hire training program designed to help set you up for success
- Access to a robust learning management system, full of e-learning modules and training programs to help boost your professional and personal development
- Professional Development and Mentor Programs plus Ongoing Training Resources
- Multiple coverage levels for Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Group Health & Wellness Program, plus special savings on retail items, travel, entertainment, and more through TMX Perks
- Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with Company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and AD&D Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including short-term and long-term disability insurance, accident, critical illness, and hospital confinement insurance
- Paid Time Off (Accrue 12 days per calendar year plus 2 additional days for each year of service after the first year of employment, 18 days in total)
- Performance-based career advancement
- Diverse Culture and Inclusive Environment
Learn More About Us
The Marketing Data Scientist is a member of the Credit Risk Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. To learn more about this team, please visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/finance.
What We Offer
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Diversity at the TMX Finance® Family of Companies is one of the driving forces behind our Company's success and we are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining talent of various backgrounds who demonstrate our shared values. We have worked to create a welcoming and inclusive environment where Team Members can collaborate freely to help spark innovation, drive creativity, advance their skillset, and move their career forward. Our commitment to diversity isn't just about the work we accomplish; it's about fostering a sense of belonging where talented Team Members can bring their whole selves to work to help maximize their full potential.
Our Workplace Awards and Recognition
We are honored to be recognized as a Military Friendly Employer for 2021, 2022, and 2023, a Best Company to Work for by InHerSight, and have received designation as a Top Employer for Hispanic and Latinos by HLPA 2022 and 2023.
TMX Finance® Family of Companies is one of the largest consumer specialty finance organizations in the United States. Since 1998, we have provided access to credit for customers who are underserved by traditional lenders through our TitleMax®, TitleBucks®, and InstaLoan® brands. Many of our customers have nowhere else to turn when they suffer short-term financial setbacks like medical emergencies or home repairs, so it is our mission to remain a reliable source of credit and offer customers hope and opportunity.
Check out what's happening in our Company at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
*Based on current benefit offering, which is subject to change with or without notice. Certain benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the governing plan documents which should be consulted for additional details and eligibility requirements.
Important: The TMX Finance® Family of Companies will never ask you for banking or other payment information at any point during the interview or hiring process, nor will we conduct an interview via text message. Any official email correspondence will come from the domain @titlemax.com or @titlemax.biz. In-store positions are in-person only, remote options not available. For questions or verification, call 1- 855-TMX-JOBS.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Apply on company website